New Crabitat Set up

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Joulesaffection

New Crabitat Set up

Post by Joulesaffection » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:34 pm

I knew there was alot to getting set up.

:crabbigsmile:

My tank came today, but wondering about "play sand",
Is there any recommended, or any requirements I should be looking at to get or avoid(I know, NO calcuim anything)

And any recommendations on Hygrometer? I know someone said a digital is better.

And anyone have ExoTerra tanks? Is there a lid? I've been looking and can't seem to find the information.
I am worried that the moisture won't stay in.

Thanks for any tips & tricks!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Crabitat Set up

Post by curlysister » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:58 pm

Have you had a look at the care sheets section? Start with the 'basics' care sheet, then go from there.

Play sand is play sand, no brand is better than another.

Digital hygrometer/ thermometers are often more accurate than analogue, many of us use Acurite, but there are other brands that are good too.

You are correct that moisture/ humidity won't stay in if there is no lid on the tank. Which is only not a problem if you live in a humid climate, LOL. You will need something for a lid - my first two tanks didn't have lids, so I put cling wrap over the top. I have always vented a corner to allow some air flow.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers