Who makes pools for a 75 Gal?

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
adietrich32210

Who makes pools for a 75 Gal?

Post by adietrich32210 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 am

I am switching my hermit crabs into my 75gal and my fish into the 50gal. I have seen pools that are made of acrylic and have a ramp for hermies to climb out. I am wanting to do side by side fresh and saltwater pools on one side of the 75 gal. Is there someone out there who makes these? I do not want to make this myself as I worry it will come apart and drown my herie friends. (I am not handy a this sort of thing.) Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Crabs: Pirates of the Caribbean, Shelly, Mac and Cheese, Crabalicious, Streaker, Big Daddy (happens to be a girl), Mini Mac, Batman, and 2 jumbos named Mungus the Giant, and Bigfoot!

sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:45 pm

I made my own pools but it would probably be hard to find someone local to you who would make them for you. Also, it can take forever to build something like that and even the raw materials end up costing a lot more than you would think.

If you don't want to build something, I'd recommend searching for threads here at HCA that feature pictures of people who have used tupperware-type containers for pools. Then head off to someplace like Walmart and check out their higher quality plastic storage containers and see what could work for you. Good luck!

Topic author
adietrich32210

Post by adietrich32210 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks, I do currently use tupperware containers. I'll keep looking for something a little nicer looking that will fit. Do you have any other suggestions for the big switch to a 75?
Crabs: Pirates of the Caribbean, Shelly, Mac and Cheese, Crabalicious, Streaker, Big Daddy (happens to be a girl), Mini Mac, Batman, and 2 jumbos named Mungus the Giant, and Bigfoot!

Crab Addict

Post by Crab Addict » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:50 pm

You can get these thing from Home Depot, that look like ponds. They are made from some black plastic. I have one for my tortoise, they are probably, eh, a gallon max? Probably more around 3/4 of a gallon. You can silicone pebles around all the side to give it a more natural look and to give the lil guys a way to get out. :)

Topic author
adietrich32210

Post by adietrich32210 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:43 am

Do you have any pics of how they look in your crabitat? I was thinking of doing clear pools on one side of the tat so we could see them swimming from the side too.

poncho

Post by poncho » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:05 am

this is a piece of plexi with pebbles and shells sealed onto it

and I was able to seal that into my 55 never had any problems...

hope this helps...Btw I got my waterfall thingy at meijers for 2.50 in the garden center and I bought 2 so icould lift one out and clean it and not boter any molters..
wife to very patient husband,mommy to three little ones
PPs Es Violas
Strawberries
Blueberries
Indos

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:13 pm

I'm thinking about doing this in my tank... how did you seal the shells and pebbles to the plexi glass? And how thick is the plexi?

poncho

Post by poncho » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:38 pm

not sure on the thickness..I used aquarium sealant on the wall and 100% silicone for plastic on the waterfall type pool to seal the rocks and shells on :)
wife to very patient husband,mommy to three little ones
PPs Es Violas
Strawberries
Blueberries
Indos

Rosepetalbed

Post by Rosepetalbed » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 pm

I have also found two bowls that are easy to take out and clean and they are available at pet stores and they are big :0)

This is a snake bowl.....

A Jacuzzi....

so what did you use??? lol Curious! :D
125 Gallon tank with 54 crabs ...E's PP'S,Violas,Rugs, And Indo's

aquav

Post by aquav » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Wow poncho, the pool from home depot looks awesome!
I will have to go tomorrow and look at the local store to see if they sell them.
So much nicer than the plastic container I am using now.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:31 pm

What size is your jacuzzi? I'm interested in purchasing one big enough for my large indo to submerge in it.

Rosepetalbed wrote:I have also found two bowls that are easy to take out and clean and they are available at pet stores and they are big :0)

This is a snake bowl.....

A Jacuzzi....

so what did you use??? lol Curious! :D