Water Depth

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
the2crabbycrabbers

Water Depth

Post by the2crabbycrabbers » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:07 am

Hi all! My 9 year old daughter and I are new crabbers, so please be patient with stupid questions! ;)
When you say the water depth should be deep enough for crabs to submerge, you mean shell and all, right? So the water should be deep enough for largest crab to submerge completely (shell and all) and set up so smaller crabs can also get out easily. Right now, we have three crabs, (all roughly the same size - not tiny, but I would say they are still small) but we are looking to upgrade our 10 gallon tank to a 20 gallon (or a bit bigger), and I may be tempted to acquire a couple more small crabs. They are fascinating little guys to watch!

AutumnHermie

Re: Water Depth

Post by AutumnHermie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:38 am

Shell and all :)
Owner of 12 PP's , 4 Blue's, and 2 straw's.

starshine19

Post by starshine19 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:56 am

If you do go through with getting a 20 gallon. I suggest getting a 20 gallon long because you'll have more floor space which comes in handy for getting larger deeper pools.
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:37 pm

Completely, shell and all, is best. At a minimum, deep enough for them to easily swap out shell water.