Water temperature

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
coolcrab98

Water temperature

Post by coolcrab98 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:33 pm

If the water that I give to my purple pincers is cold is it detrimental to their health? Wondering for both saltwater and freshwater if that matters in any way, and my crabitat is usually around 82 degrees.

I<3mycrabbies

Re: Water temperature

Post by I<3mycrabbies » Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:24 pm

When I do my pools I just use warm sink water and then add in my prime and instant ocean and they've been fine. As long as it's room temperature it's ok.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:50 pm

Do you mean it feels cold in the tank? Or that you keep it in the fridge and then put it in?
I would let it at least get to room temp before putting it in the tank. It will end up the same temp as your tank, but will feel cool if you put your fingers in.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Ianatari

Post by Ianatari » Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:29 pm

Cold water isn’t great for purple pincers, whether in saltwater or freshwater. They prefer warmer temps around their crabitat's 82 degrees. It might stress them out or affect their health, so try to use water that’s close to the tank’s temperature.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:48 am

Ianatari wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:29 pm
Cold water isn’t great for purple pincers, whether in saltwater or freshwater. They prefer warmer temps around their crabitat's 82 degrees. It might stress them out or affect their health, so try to use water that’s close to the tank’s temperature.
Water inside the tank will become the same temp as the tank.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers