New pools and Tat remodel

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author

New pools and Tat remodel

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 am

Well I did it, Yup got the pools installed and filled with no leaks on the first try! :shock: I went about it a little different than the others have on the site here. The pools have all 90 degree walls and I used rocks/gravel to make the slope down into the water. I'm heading down to the Bay Area Monday and plan to pick up some filter units down there.

I also removed the climbing backgrounds due to mold starting on them and did some re-arranging of the Tat decor to deal with the pools taking up some of the walking area.

I did this since Artie came up from his molt and had molted in the area of where the pools are now. I gave Artie a week to relax after coming out then put him and the other two in the 10 gal ISO for 2 nights and got the pools done. so here is the pics :D

The pools.... front is salt back is Fresh with a rubber mat to help the get from sand to pools.
Applesauce just Had to check out the new Salt pool

Here is Artie sporting his new EXO!!! 8)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:17 am

WOW! Totally amazing tat!! I cannot believe how big it looks even with everything in it. Are you sure that is only a 55 gallon???Lol!

Do you only have 3 crabs in that tank? I betcha it could hold a few more??!! You have an awesome set up that would be an fantastic home to many more crabs!! LOL!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Yes it is only a 55 :hlol: and yes we plan to get 3 more crabs next week when we go down the San Francisco. I'm looking to have these guys till they get Jumbo size so 6 should be the perfect for the 55gal.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:05 pm

I am curious,do you tetra filters on both sides of the pools?I plan to make my pools like that.I have to wait for my micro to come back up from his moult.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:57 pm

I am Ordering this one http://www.petdiscounters.com/Dive-Clea ... p7170.html Due to the way I have the terraces the Tetra ones are just too large in the back corner.

jordan.eth

Post by jordan.eth » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:06 pm

God, your tank looks incredible :shock:
3 Es: Frederick, Shelby, Sebastian

2 Ruggies: Cooper, Claudia

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Absolutely brilliant!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 am

Thanks for the nice comments, my daughter and I put a lot of time into it.

MamaZelly

Post by MamaZelly » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:00 pm

oooookaaaayyyyy....bookmarking THIS thread :shock:
ZellyBelly, Mama to Sophie & Gus (the human babies).

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed May 06, 2009 5:49 pm

OMG!That's the coolest tat I've ever seen!

Topic author
tojo

Sweet!!

Post by tojo » Wed May 06, 2009 6:43 pm

Beatiful Squirrlee!

It looks like a slice out of their natural habitat. Love the pool, the greens and the rock shelves.

If I were a hermit crab, I'd wanna live there.

Great Job! [smilie=thumbsup.gif] :headbang: :notworthy: :smt041

-tojo

Topic author
hermiegirl

Post by hermiegirl » Wed May 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Ok, I want to know how you made the rock terraces? I'd love to do some of those in my tank, but have no idea where to start.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Absolutely Amazing!!!! I would also like to know how you got the rocks on the back, my mouth won't shut..its amazing...I'm Jealous!!!

Disgruntled Crab

Post by Disgruntled Crab » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Wow :shock:

Got any bigger pictures for us to gawk at :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Wow everything looks so natural, you really did an outstanding job.