I was the 'midwife molter' for my PP

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:11 pm

Oh no! I am so very sorry. ~*hugs*~ :cry:

Topic author
Hermie Lover

Post by Hermie Lover » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:03 pm

I just can't get over this guy passing....I really thought he had made it! And the support from yall was/is awesome.

Just too hard to believe....I hope I don't have to go through this again....

If his shell wouldn't have been stolen in the first place, I think he would have made it....I think the whole experience was way to overwhelming for him....RIP little one...

:smt059
Angela

Crabitats: 55L, 40B, 29L

Crabbin' since 97!
They are draining my savings!

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:10 pm

:cry: ~*hugs*~

Topic author
Hermie Lover

Post by Hermie Lover » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Raen_83 wrote::cry: ~*hugs*~
I really like your avatar Raen....it reminds me of all my little E's....do they pick at your finger nails and cuticles? Mine do, and every time I pick up an E at a pet store, they start picking at my skin an eating it...very cute...and their little eyes and antennas are always high energy!

It'll be a while before I get over this one....
Angela

Crabbin' since 97!

evre1's-mom

Post by evre1's-mom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Gosh, I am sooo sorry. You BOTH fought such a good fight and you did all you could. He was a lucky little guy to have such a loving mommy.
9 PP's and 1 Rug. RIP Willie 4-24-08, Spitz, 5-30-08 & our little friend we never named 9/08
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23401121@N04/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23357033@N05/

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm sorry :(
He must have liked living with you to put up such a long fight.
Take it easy :|

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Yes, they do pick at me. lol And every one in the store does, too. I find it funny when a clerk sees that I'm being pinched and asks if it hurts. :roll: No... It feels fabulous... :roll: lol Like, OF COURSE it hurts. lol I've got my flesh stuck in the claw of a CRAB. lol I'm just used to it by now, I guess. lol

BTW, the little guy in the avatar is Stitch. :wink: He was my first rescue.

And it's understandable that this will take you a while. It has greatly upset me, and I'm not a part of the situation. I actually cried while sitting here at work when I read that he had passed. :cry: I can't imagine how much this must be upsetting you.

Topic author
Hermie Lover

Post by Hermie Lover » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:17 pm

Raen_83 wrote:Yes, they do pick at me. lol And every one in the store does, too. I find it funny when a clerk sees that I'm being pinched and asks if it hurts. :roll: No... It feels fabulous... :roll: lol Like, OF COURSE it hurts. lol I've got my flesh stuck in the claw of a CRAB. lol I'm just used to it by now, I guess. lol

BTW, the little guy in the avatar is Stitch. :wink: He was my first rescue.

And it's understandable that this will take you a while. It has greatly upset me, and I'm not a part of the situation. I actually cried while sitting here at work when I read that he had passed. :cry: I can't imagine how much this must be upsetting you.
Well I am glad to hear I am not the only one that gets their fingers picked at by E's. They just always pick around my fingers, and I could eat them up!

Yeah, the pet store people are unreal...they just look at me, and are like, "I've never seen anyone handle crabs like that before, aren't you afraid they will bite you?" :roll: I do lots of rescues as well, E's are my favorite. Your little Stitch is VERY cute.... :love2:

Thank you for being so understanding...it's amazing how these little guys can move us so emotionally, they really pull on my heart strings....
Angela

Crabbin' since 97!

Ellinj0206

Post by Ellinj0206 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Oh Hermie,

I am so sad to read about your little guy. You were a fantastic nurse and tried everything you could. I'm sorry.

:-(
El
Check out El's Shells: http://www.elsshells.com for all of your hermit crab food and shell needs!All-natural, certified organic food and an outstanding selection of shells and crabitat necessities---all at great prices!!

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:01 pm

You are most welcome. :)

Cynderella727

Post by Cynderella727 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:21 pm

I am so sorry. :cry:
Mommy of 1 human, 1 cat, 2 dogs, and 6 Purple Pinchers.
~Crabby since July '07

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:41 pm

I'm so sorry you lost him :cry:. It's so hard when they linger and give you so much hope -- it's such an emotional rollercoaster :?.

MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Aw. So sorry to hear about the loss. :(