Good Job Ebert! *Update* Ebert not abducted

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Re: Back!

Post by MudCrabDude » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 pm

ZatHermie wrote:Hi! Thanks for the posts!
I have been back a week since last sunday but I haven't had the heart to come back to the site until I could find Ebert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a friend take care of the tank and everyone seems very well - BUT I CAN'T FIND EBERT :?
I have begun to search my house with both eyes and nose for signs of an escaped E. So far nothing.
Does anyone know if a small E is likely to disappear for a week after only being up a week from a molt?
Some of my older hemies I've kept in the past re-dig and hide for a while (like a week or more) after a successful molt, so I think that's the case here...I hope. :D

Hopefully he's doing fine.
ZatHermie wrote:Anyway, Grand Cayman was great and I don't want to sound spoiled - and I will ONLY confess this on this site - but I was a bit disappointed not to see a single hermit crab along the 7mile stretch! Just curly tail lizards. A lady who is native to the island told me that there are many LHC's on Cayman Brac. You have to take a small charter plane out to that one. Oh well. And paradise beaches yes, but NO seashells. I mean NONE. Ok maybe some teeny teeny tiny things in the sand but really NONE. Not even in the souvenir shops (unless as jewelry). There was nothing in the water or the beach but coral rock. I did bring some of the coral rock back for the tank, but next year we are planning for the Florida Keys - I want to find a shell and see one of my crabs use it :)
Sorry for the run on post....
glad to be back - I missed my little guys!!
Sounds great. Welcome back! 8)

Though, I suspect that all the hermit crabs missing from the little stretch of your island probably ended up...well...here...: [smilie=whistle.gif]

:lol:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Oh no, you could be right about the Cayman crabs :?
Well, I doubt they would like how developed it now is anyway...

Thanks for the hope about Ebert, I guess only time will tell

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:59 pm

8) Of course if it was the aliens, maybe when he comes back he will have super coenobita powers :wink:

Rhoney

Post by Rhoney » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:01 pm

90% of my molters resurface, restock on food and water then go back down to rest for awhile
Currently No Hermit Crabs until I am out of college, but I have over 5 years of crabbing experience, and much advice to offer :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:25 am

That is wonderful news! Thank you very much :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:37 pm

Well Ebert has finally reappeared - which also means that he was not actually abducted by aliens, or at least, that he is back and showing his beautiful dark legs :D
I want to thank everyone that helped me not to worry about not being able to find him after returning from vacation. It really helped alot as it is hard not to worry sometimes!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Wow! He is beautiful!

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:41 am

Well, how do you know that he was not abducted in the first place, eh?

:alien::alien::alien:

:lol:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:24 am

Well I haven't noticed any strange patterns in the EE,
I'll have to keep an eye on him,
-just in case :alien:

evre1's-mom

Post by evre1's-mom » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:03 pm

I love happy endings and he is beautiful! :clap:
9 PP's and 1 Rug. RIP Willie 4-24-08, Spitz, 5-30-08 & our little friend we never named 9/08
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23401121@N04/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23357033@N05/

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Thank you,
it really makes me happy every time I see him walking around in there :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:53 pm

Way to go Ebert!! What a stunning new color he has on him.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:10 am

He is my most photogenic crab 8)