Grand Forks Rescue PP molted with pics!!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author

Grand Forks Rescue PP molted with pics!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:42 am

I am not sure if anyone remembers the 3 rescued PP's from Grand Forks, ND (when I was shipping rugs to Annopia)...well...ONE MOLTED! That was pretty fast. I have only had them since the June 2. HE (yes, I checked) is VERY DARK in coloring now. Due to the color enhancement, I have officially named him "Shiraz". I felt it suited him quite well. What do you think??

PICS OF SHIRAZ PRE-MOLT:

PICS OF SHIRAZ POST-MOLT:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:19 am

Are you sure you didn't put pictures of another crab as a ringer? I can't believe the difference!! Shiraz even has sharp black toenails.

I know he did a lot of it himself, but hermiegirl, there's no way he could have done it without you. Congratulations to the both of you! :occasion5:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:57 am

Oh, that's so awesome! He looks FABULOUS! :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:58 am

I thought that maybe it was a different crab too at first! LOL!
But all of my other PPs are accounted for, and if you look close enough, you can see that all of the markings on Shiraz's head, body, and BP are the same, just WAY darker and brighter.

Is this really fast for a crab to molt? I mean, 2 weeks? Is this even possible? (well I guess it is if it happened to Shiraz). Has anybody else had such a fast molter? He went down under the substrate the day that I got him and I haven't seen him since. Plus, he seems to have grown a little bit. Not too much, but still noticeably. ?????

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 am

I have one really fast molter. He's just a teenie, but all my other teenies at least take some time. Jacques goes down them up in about a week. Marie also molts very fast, but I don't consider her molts healthy. She molts too fast and too often. :( I worry a lot about her.

crystal

Post by crystal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:45 pm

My mr. Krabs, my only molt, was down about 2 weeks. His color change was as dramatic as Shiraz's. It's amazing what they can do. He looks great. congrats.
6PPs, 10Es

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:01 pm

wow, he's gorgeous! :)

Topic author
crabcrew

Post by crabcrew » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Shiraz is gorgeous! Congrats on the awesome molt, he's a real beauty!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:48 pm

:party: :wav: go shiraz! congrats on the awesome molt!!!!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:38 pm

What a beauty!! Way to go, little one :banana:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 am

It's PARTY TIME!
:party:

Wow what the big difference! Maybe he got some red strawberries (I mean fruits, lol) and mix it with his skin while molting? :hlol: Talk about big difference! Congrats, anyway!