New crab mom with possible molter!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

CrabbyCakes

Re: New crab mom with possible molter!

Post by CrabbyCakes » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:01 pm

Krusty2015 wrote:This might sound dumb but should I be able to see a hole where he dug down? I know he is ok I heard his claw again the glass last night. Just wondering?
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Not silly. Mine seem to just disappear when they molt. When I got my first hermit crab I did not know they dig in the sand and I thought he had escaped. I spent hours looking for him :lol:
Last edited by CrabbyCakes on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” ― Aldo Leopold

Topic author
Krusty2015

Post by Krusty2015 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:34 pm

He coveted the window himself by the time I rounded up something but I have it ready if it happens again. It makes since they would do that out of security! Thanks!

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:08 pm

CrabbyCakes wrote: Not silly. Mine seem to just disappear when they molt. When I got my first hermit crab I did not know they dig in the sand and I thought he had escaped. I spent hours looking for him Image
I did that when I first got mine too. He had already got out when the KK was knocked off when I was out buying stuff to set up a 10gal. Took me all night to find him. Next morning he was just GONE from the 10gal. Lol since it had to be modified because the lid held a filter previously I thought he might have gotten out. It took me 3 times sifting through all of the sand to find him. He was so little.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Topic author
Krusty2015

Post by Krusty2015 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:40 pm

I was the same way I freaked out because it was so sudden within 2 hours. When I left he was eating when I get home he is molting!

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:47 am

Sneaky sneaky lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Topic author
Krusty2015

Post by Krusty2015 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:12 am

I heard a loud clank come from the crabitat this morning should I be worried that he is clanking against the glass under there or be happy that I know he is still doing ok under there?