First molter, need info

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Visual

Re: First molter, need info

Post by Visual » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm loving this tread. I'm new to hermies (about five months now)and new to this forum. Just registered this am. Not sure if is hold start a new thread or not. My questions do concern my first experience with molting... I have a pp that had been down for at least a month. In that time I was able to set up a new crabitat with more substrate, bigger, more water etc. the crab just resurfaced for the first time last night. So this morning I moved CrabbiePattie to the new environment. Immediately found a dark area and went back down. Did I move her/him too soon? I didn't think about the stress, I just wanted to relocate to the more suitable tank as I now have another hermie down in the original tank. Looks like I'm keeping it as an isolation tank. Just looking for guidance on not stressing these guys out more. :crabblush:
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

Rawrgeous

Re: First molter, need info

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:43 am

Visual wrote:I'm loving this tread. I'm new to hermies (about five months now)and new to this forum. Just registered this am. Not sure if is hold start a new thread or not. My questions do concern my first experience with molting... I have a pp that had been down for at least a month. In that time I was able to set up a new crabitat with more substrate, bigger, more water etc. the crab just resurfaced for the first time last night. So this morning I moved CrabbiePattie to the new environment. Immediately found a dark area and went back down. Did I move her/him too soon? I didn't think about the stress, I just wanted to relocate to the more suitable tank as I now have another hermie down in the original tank. Looks like I'm keeping it as an isolation tank. Just looking for guidance on not stressing these guys out more. :crabblush:
Check out the response I left on your other post, it should kind of answer your question. Always feel free to start a new post when you have questions! :)