Collins and Tani? up from molt

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
CallaLily

Collins and Tani? up from molt

Post by CallaLily » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Cleaning up in the crabitat today I noticed Collins is up. I think he went down end of August. His coloring has lightened up some and one leg tip is bent but otherwise he seems well. Anywho, just wanted to share pics. :D

This crab I think is Tani due to her coloring. I've pretty much confused her, Dola, Montana, and Popcorn. All female PPs around the same size. They've played the shell swap game one too many times.

When cleaning the crabitat I pulled everything (except substrate) out, placing the shell shops on the counter by the sink while I went about cleaning. I checked them for crabs before removing but must have missed Elanor! Poor crabbie got dumped out into the sink with the extra shells. This is the second time I've done this in 6 years. :oops: Unfortunately, both times it was Elanor who had to tolerate my mistake. :lol: (She's just fine, if you're wondering ;) )

hermitcrab24

Re: Collins and Tani? up from molt

Post by hermitcrab24 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:23 pm

We all make mistakes!! :)

You have some beautiful crabs, I hope mine will be that beautiful, whenever I finally get them!

Bonnie

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Thank you. :)

Ellysara

Post by Ellysara » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Unlucky Elanor! Beautiful crabbies :)
9 PPs: Rocky, Bullwinkle, Jackie, Tatiana, Claudette, Shy-Guy, Simon and two not yet named.
2 house rabbits: Yojimbo and Nikki
1 axolotl: Birdo
2 cats: Leo and Maya

Brittanybaby22

Post by Brittanybaby22 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:41 pm

Beautiful hermit crabs I love their colors

Topic author
CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:43 pm

:lol: I swear she has this look that makes me think she's quite annoyed. :lol: Thanks!