Wash's Sneaky Return!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
Bounceraff

Wash's Sneaky Return!

Post by Bounceraff » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:53 pm

After a long and worrisome 50 day long molt, my biggest little boy is back from his first (with me) molt!

I've got the tank next to my desk and after my smallest little guy went down for a molt a few days ago, I was expecting the tank to be still and lonely for a while, but while I was working today, guess who was all of a sudden happily tapping on the glass to say 'Hello!' I am so happy that Wash is back and healthy. I changed the tat quite a bit while he was down so I think he's a bit confused at his strange, upgraded home. His feelers are WILD!! haha I think that means he's happy right, or at least interested in his environment. He seems a little jittery but I expect that much coming from a new molt :P

He's wasted no time in his search for a new shell and has been very rapidly shell-hopping to try out every single one, he's gone back and forth with a nice pearl turbo that he's kept close to. I'm surprised at how big Wash looks!! Though, I'm putting a little of that surprise on the result of watching over a much smaller crab for so long (I'm sure I'll be surprised at how much smaller Waldo looks when he's back up from his first molt).

I'm hoping to snap a picture or two here over the next couple hours of his sudden return :D
Hermits: Waldo
R.I.P: Bruno, Washington

CallaLily

Re: Wash's Sneaky Return!

Post by CallaLily » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Congrats on the successful molt! I look forward to pics. :D

Topic author
Bounceraff

Post by Bounceraff » Sat May 02, 2015 12:11 am

Before and After pics of Wash, I love his new color!!

BEFORE:
Sort of a tannish, yellow-orange. That shiny disc is a quarter (for scale)

AFTER:
Deep, deep purple and bright red at the tips of his legs. He's so hairy too!

As a bonus, here are some "before" pics of Waldo. He's currently down for a molt so I'm excited to see him when he returns :D
Hermits: Waldo
R.I.P: Bruno, Washington

Asheka

Post by Asheka » Sat May 02, 2015 12:26 am

Gorgeous!
4 cats. 1 Dwarf African Frog. 1 amazing fiance. Four PPs; Peeta, Finnick, Katniss, and Rue.
Don't Hate What You Don't Understand PRIDE!
http://crabtaztic.blogspot.ca
Turning the gross and scary cute and merry at PlayfulDead Creationz