Norman woke up and wanted to say Hello!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
MsWorld

Norman woke up and wanted to say Hello!

Post by MsWorld » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:16 pm

I adopted 3 crabs from another crabber on here and literally 2 of the 3 had went down in the temporary 5 gallon filled with just coconut fiber, on the hour drive home. First one to wake up. The 3rd one went down as soon as I got him in my main 65 gallon. Anyways here's Norman…

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PTCrabs

Re: Norman woke up and wanted to say Hello!

Post by PTCrabs » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Awe! Hi Norman! :-)

Topic author
MsWorld

Post by MsWorld » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:10 pm

PTCrabs wrote:Awe! Hi Norman! :-)

How is Uno?? Geoffrey still down?

PTCrabs

Post by PTCrabs » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:11 pm

MsWorld wrote:

uno is great! He's darkening up and looking so good...still not very active and I do t think he's eating but he is drinking...Geoffrey is still down...hope he's good...hope the drift wood isn't blocking him from coming up but it's only been since Memorial Day that he went down so I'm not worried yet :-)

Topic author
MsWorld

Post by MsWorld » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:20 pm

PTCrabs wrote:
MsWorld wrote:

uno is great! He's darkening up and looking so good...still not very active and I do t think he's eating but he is drinking...Geoffrey is still down...hope he's good...hope the drift wood isn't blocking him from coming up but it's only been since Memorial Day that he went down so I'm not worried yet :-)

That's great that Uno is getting hard and doing his post molt. Yea I wouldn't worry about Geoffrey just yet. Peanut was down for 8 weeks. And if this is his first molt with you he could be down for awhile. What Uno is doing above ground is what Geoffrey is doing under ground. It's hard not to worry but as long as your conditions are good and you're not smelling any rotten smells just leave him be. I know it's hard to do, believe me, I had my head in the tank a few times a day sniffing and talking to Peanut. He was my Uno, he had a missing leg and was in a chipped painted shell and kept in horrid conditions. But he's looking good now and in a new shell.

PTCrabs

Post by PTCrabs » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:24 pm

MsWorld wrote:
PTCrabs wrote:
MsWorld wrote: How is Uno?? Geoffrey still down?

That's great that Uno is getting hard and doing his post molt. Yea I wouldn't worry about Geoffrey just yet. Peanut was down for 8 weeks. And if this is his first molt with you he could be down for awhile. What Uno is doing above ground is what Geoffrey is doing under ground. It's hard not to worry but as long as your conditions are good and you're not smelling any rotten smells just leave him be. I know it's hard to do, believe me, I had my head in the tank a few times a day sniffing and talking to Peanut. He was my Uno, he had a missing leg and was in a chipped painted shell and kept in horrid conditions. But he's looking good now and in a new shell.

lol I look in there everyday, I make sure uno is still moving and freshen water and food and I have my head in all sorts of angles looking to c if I c Geoffrey lol I have to remember he switched shells before going down

Topic author
MsWorld

Post by MsWorld » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:34 pm

PTCrabs wrote:
MsWorld wrote:
PTCrabs wrote: uno is great! He's darkening up and looking so good...still not very active and I do t think he's eating but he is drinking...Geoffrey is still down...hope he's good...hope the drift wood isn't blocking him from coming up but it's only been since Memorial Day that he went down so I'm not worried yet :-)

lol I look in there everyday, I make sure uno is still moving and freshen water and food and I have my head in all sorts of angles looking to c if I c Geoffrey lol I have to remember he switched shells before going down

Or else you will think - um… who is this?? If you are anything like me! I would be like Tony, did we have a baby?? Who is that in that shell?? Lmao - too funny!! I'm so glad your crabs are doing good. I think about Uno every day!

PTCrabs

Post by PTCrabs » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:35 pm

MsWorld wrote:
PTCrabs wrote:
MsWorld wrote: That's great that Uno is getting hard and doing his post molt. Yea I wouldn't worry about Geoffrey just yet. Peanut was down for 8 weeks. And if this is his first molt with you he could be down for awhile. What Uno is doing above ground is what Geoffrey is doing under ground. It's hard not to worry but as long as your conditions are good and you're not smelling any rotten smells just leave him be. I know it's hard to do, believe me, I had my head in the tank a few times a day sniffing and talking to Peanut. He was my Uno, he had a missing leg and was in a chipped painted shell and kept in horrid conditions. But he's looking good now and in a new shell.

Or else you will think - um… who is this?? If you are anything like me! I would be like Tony, did we have a baby?? Who is that in that shell?? Lmao - too funny!! I'm so glad your crabs are doing good. I think about Uno every day!

ur so sweet lol yes I did think that when I saw him that morning..it freaked me out ahaha