Exo Found, No Crab to Be Seen

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
Rhoney

Exo Found, No Crab to Be Seen

Post by Rhoney » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:01 pm

I found a piece of Exo from who I suspect to be my micro Shickitello(it was purple pincher exo, very small, so it has to be the smaller of my 2 PPs) However I didn't go digging or anything but couldn't find him in the tat, The area where I think he was has a tunnel system going, and he has been down fro about 3 weeks, so should be coming up soon. Could another crab have gotten some exo? or could shickitello have brought it up with him while getting food and leave it there? I don't think I should dig...any advice?
Currently No Hermit Crabs until I am out of college, but I have over 5 years of crabbing experience, and much advice to offer :)

Topic author
Rhoney

Post by Rhoney » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:01 pm

Btw, the exo was only a leg fragment not the whole exo.
Currently No Hermit Crabs until I am out of college, but I have over 5 years of crabbing experience, and much advice to offer :)

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:16 pm

If it was only a leg fragment, I would have to guess that it is just left-over exo from someone's molt. And NO digging, or we will have to slap your fingers!!! :pissed:

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:23 pm

Most likely just a bit of left over exo and your crab is probably just digging around. Keep us posted. :)
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:32 pm

I second (... uh... third?? lol) the above. Keep us posted, Rhoney. :) I'm sure your little one will come up fine. :)

Topic author
Rhoney

Post by Rhoney » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Yeah, I never dig at all, only unless like 3 or more people on here tell me to do so, I honestly value everyone on here's opinion :) I think hes jsut digging around and came up and happen to leave it, after all the hole he was in that is now almost liek a cave he moved deeper into so I assume this is another sucessful molt. THat's one thing I lvoe about PPs really easy molters. I doon't know why but my one PP is up ALL the time exept an hour or 2 here or there, but all my Es are digging under 20 hours of the day. Can a crab differ from the "norm" for their species? If I'm amking PPs active I think I must have good conditions for them to thrive, and no I'm not trying to boast :lol: :lol:

Topic author
Rhoney

Post by Rhoney » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:59 pm

just thought I'd let everyone know that the molter is now beside the glass so I can see him (he moved :lol: ) yay :D

Ellinj0206

Post by Ellinj0206 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:36 pm

Excellent. Hopefully that can put your mind at ease. At least you can watch the little guy.

Good luck with the molt!
Check out El's Shells: http://www.elsshells.com for all of your hermit crab food and shell needs!All-natural, certified organic food and an outstanding selection of shells and crabitat necessities---all at great prices!!

Topic author
Rhoney

Post by Rhoney » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:49 pm

With these little devils your minds never at ease :hlol:

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:55 pm

True. :smt105

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:11 am

Too True.

Suspense, Drama, Action, Comedy
The makings of a good movie :)