Hermit Crab Outgrew His Shell + Won't Change?!

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
HermitCrabGirl03

Hermit Crab Outgrew His Shell + Won't Change?!

Post by HermitCrabGirl03 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:24 am

:crabblush: Ok so I have had this hermit crab for a while now. I actually asked another question about him in January when I first got him lol. Anyways he hasn't changed his shell sense I got him! (In January) He can't even go into his shell completely it's so small. I've tried putting all kinds of new shells into the tank and only the other hermit crabs bother it, he doesn't. I've tried everything he really needs a new shell, he climbs a lot and I don't want him to get hurt. Is there any way I can get him to change? (Of course I'm not going to like force him into one) Please help! Thanks :crabbigsmile:

MsWorld

Re: Hermit Crab Outgrew His Shell + Won't Change?!

Post by MsWorld » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 am

HermitCrabGirl03 wrote::crabblush: Ok so I have had this hermit crab for a while now. I actually asked another question about him in January when I first got him lol. Anyways he hasn't changed his shell sense I got him! (In January) He can't even go into his shell completely it's so small. I've tried putting all kinds of new shells into the tank and only the other hermit crabs bother it, he doesn't. I've tried everything he really needs a new shell, he climbs a lot and I don't want him to get hurt. Is there any way I can get him to change? (Of course I'm not going to like force him into one) Please help! Thanks :crabbigsmile:
Has he molted yet? Sometimes they won't change shells until after they molt. Is he a PP or an E? E's tend to be stubborn and hold onto their shells till they are falling off. It reminds me of a teenage boy that wears his pants down around his bum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
HermitCrabGirl03

Post by HermitCrabGirl03 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:06 pm

No he hasn't molted yet I'm pretty sure so that could be a reason. He is a purple pincher too :/ And lol that's funny the reference you made haha :crabbigsmile: Thanks for your advice :) I guess I will just wait it out.

MsWorld

Post by MsWorld » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:08 pm

HermitCrabGirl03 wrote:No he hasn't molted yet I'm pretty sure so that could be a reason. He is a purple pincher too :/ And lol that's funny the reference you made haha :crabbigsmile: Thanks for your advice :) I guess I will just wait it out.
You are very welcome! Can I ask you how long have you had him? Since January or longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk