New shells

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
Ryanstein

New shells

Post by Ryanstein » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:21 pm

I am a little confused as to where to buy new shells, so I just wondered if anyone had an idea as to where to get them. I live in Montreal, Quebec, and go to a store with good hermit crab things, except for shells. They have very few sizes, and most are painted shells. :x Where should I get shells? I have two small E's and one PP, but will be buying more crabs soon.

BAB

Post by BAB » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:53 am

I LOVE shell shopping... Here's a few ideas:

-Have you checked out the online shell stores? Naples Sea Shell Company is really great. I believe they ship to Canada. I think Pet Discounters also ships to Canada. There's links in the Shopping Drop Down box to the side --->

-Check the classifieds here. I recently posted a bunch of shells for sale and I ship to Canada. Hehehe... sorry to put a plug in there for myself... but you can also find others who would be happy to help. Maybe you can post what you are looking for and ask others to message you.

-Ebay... there's quite a few hermie lovers that sell on Ebay. It can be pricey at times and I've ordered from some places that I won't order from again because the shells weren't a good quality... but you can always give it a shot and see. It's better then nothing... or painted shells...

So sorry that it took so long for someone to reply to your post. I hope this helps or that you've already found some suitable shells. I'm also... hehe... apologizing all over the place here... I'm also sorry if I'm repsonding to a duplicate post. :?

Happy Crabbing!!!!
**Crabbing since July 2005*~*100+ successful molts**
I have a total of 2 PP's

Note:My information on crab care is NOT the only way to do things. Please research your topics.