Give me ALL the Honey!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Give me ALL the Honey!

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:21 pm

He charged the dish!

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Re: Give me ALL the Honey!

Post by Crabinski » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Boy, I wish my guys would get excited over "normal" crab treats like honey and peanut butter but nooooo...they're more into fruit -- just pop a blueberry in the tank and it's a free-for-all!
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:34 am

Mine don't either lol it just sits. But they love the fruits, veggies & peanuts...and of course the bug mix from Hermie's Kitchen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:39 am

I can put a shell of honey out everyday for the next 3 weeks and im sure they'd still be ransacking the place. The honey dish is completely empty every morning :)
However they haven't taken to some of the things as hermies kitchen that i ordered. But hey finding out their fave mixes is half the fun!

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:40 am

Oh and they love eggs! Popped a half a scrambled egg in this morning and its gone lol!

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Wish mine would run out to eat when we put out the food every evening. They charge sideways and backwards to hide as soon as I go near the tank . then sometime
In the middle of the night they mix all the food up with their shells! Can't tell favorites but I have seen some dragged out beef, coconut shavings, and walnuts in the sub. Hoping after their second molts, which they are all doing now, they will become less scared and let us watch them eat! Little boogers :D

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:24 pm

I keep mine in a semi-high traffic area, while taking a semi-hands off approach. That allows me to watch them up close without them high tailing. I only handle mine when its necessary, so they don't run thinking im going to grab them up. So far its worked! Of course i have a few that are more skittish than the others! The One in the pic above and my biggest guy are the least skittish though that may be because everytime i open the tank they get a goodie!

Jedi Sena

Post by Jedi Sena » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Mine love honey too, but I always buy premium unfiltered honeys. I am nearly out of my Zambezi rainforest honey, so I bought some rapsflower honey that is a hit!
__ ` , ` , ` , ` , jedi sena
(__)_ ` , ` , ` , ` crabby since 2007
(____)_ ` , ` , ` , ` http://crabotanicals.etsy.com
(______) ` , ` , ` , ` owner of Crabotanicals all-natural hermit crab food
...//( 00 )\.........................................................................

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:31 pm

Jedi Sena wrote:Mine love honey too, but I always buy premium unfiltered honeys. I am nearly out of my Zambezi rainforest honey, so I bought some rapsflower honey that is a hit!
Do you order online?
I just order regular crab safe honey from hermies kitchen...
I bet they'd love different flavors ave such!

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:39 am

Yes! Would love to know where you get your honey! Sounds yummy :D

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Crabinski wrote:Boy, I wish my guys would get excited over "normal" crab treats like honey and peanut butter but nooooo...they're more into fruit -- just pop a blueberry in the tank and it's a free-for-all!
yep you are not alone friend. I read where others live this treat or that but mine just snub everything I try. Lol finicky as my kids

Crabbing for 4 years-still obsessed! 5 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.