What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2017~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

HermitCrabAddicted

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:46 pm

On tonights menu!

Lettuce
walnuts
egg shell
chia seeds
sardines

I have never given sardines so I am very curious to see if they like it!
Happy mother to 4 PPs and 2 Straws, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hedgehog, , 1 frog, and 1 ball python

Life is not complete without a "few" critters!

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:27 am

Image Tonight we have bananas topped with coconut nectar, with rush sticks. Peony petals, mysis shrimp, crushed chiton, walnuts, sunflower seeds, portabello, dried pickles, sweet claws popcorn from hcp, and beach grass.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:00 am

Rawrgeous wrote:Image Tonight we have bananas topped with coconut nectar, with rush sticks. Peony petals, mysis shrimp, crushed chiton, walnuts, sunflower seeds, portabello, dried pickles, sweet claws popcorn from hcp, and beach grass.
Holy cow, that's amazing! Meanwhile, I have my little dry crushed mixes.. They don't really look nice, and certainly not that nice lol.
2 small PPs: Leonardo, Biscuit
3 medium to large PPs: Kermit Rocketson, Lulu, Strawberry (named because he is red, not actually a straw)
1 Neon Tetra: Stevie. 1 Crawfish: Larry
R.I.P. Larry, Crabby, and Hermie (all PPs) O'mally (Neon Tetra) John Cena(Crawfish)

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:23 am

shanedaman112 wrote:
Rawrgeous wrote:Image Tonight we have bananas topped with coconut nectar, with rush sticks. Peony petals, mysis shrimp, crushed chiton, walnuts, sunflower seeds, portabello, dried pickles, sweet claws popcorn from hcp, and beach grass.
Holy cow, that's amazing! Meanwhile, I have my little dry crushed mixes.. They don't really look nice, and certainly not that nice lol.
Haha, it's all been accumulated over time.It's mostly dry from various online crab stores. Since they only eat a small amount my dry foods last forever. Some of it I've had for over a year, and I'm trying to use up. ( I still have a few things left from a sampler I bought from Wode! lol) Plus, they don't always eat this nice, I just happened to snag a piece of the fiances mushrooms for them, and I wanted a banana, so they got a piece of that too. It was my day off so I took the time to make it look nicer than normal out of boredom. It didn't last very long haha. Thank-you though! :)

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:06 am

Rawrgeous wrote:
shanedaman112 wrote:
Rawrgeous wrote: Tonight we have bananas topped with coconut nectar, with rush sticks. Peony petals, mysis shrimp, crushed chiton, walnuts, sunflower seeds, portabello, dried pickles, sweet claws popcorn from hcp, and beach grass.
Haha, it's all been accumulated over time.It's mostly dry from various online crab stores. Since they only eat a small amount my dry foods last forever. Some of it I've had for over a year, and I'm trying to use up. ( I still have a few things left from a sampler I bought from Wode! lol) Plus, they don't always eat this nice, I just happened to snag a piece of the fiances mushrooms for them, and I wanted a banana, so they got a piece of that too. It was my day off so I took the time to make it look nicer than normal out of boredom. It didn't last very long haha. Thank-you though! :)
I see. I do that too sometimes. Just load em up with basically everything i've got.
3 medium to large PPs: Kermit Rocketson, Lulu, Strawberry (named because he is red, not actually a straw)
R.I.P. Larry, Crabby, and Hermie (all PPs) O'mally (Neon Tetra) John Cena(Crawfish)

CrabbyEmerson

Post by CrabbyEmerson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Freeze-dried whitefish, green bell pepper, walnuts, spinach, dandelion leaves, and dried pineapple. I've never given them walnuts before. Hopefully they like it! :)

CrabbyEmerson

Post by CrabbyEmerson » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:05 pm

The walnuts went untouched.. Oh well. Tonight's menu includes chicken, parsley, popcorn, honey, and timothy hay.
:crabbigsmile:

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:38 pm

That's interesting! Mine love walnuts. I went to my local health food store and purchased a package of walnuts that were not in a bag. They were bought bulk from the health food store.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

CrabbyEmerson

Post by CrabbyEmerson » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:30 pm

GotButterflies wrote:That's interesting! Mine love walnuts. I went to my local health food store and purchased a package of walnuts that were not in a bag. They were bought bulk from the health food store.
I should see if I can buy some like that. Maybe they'd like those. The ones I have are just the chopped and bagged kind people use for cooking.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:33 am

They might taste better. I know I enjoy them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

HermitCrabAddicted

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Organic peanut butter
fresh mango
fresh watermelon
fresh, live oysters

Very curious to see if they like the oysters, first time giving them some!
Happy mother to 4 PPs and 2 Straws, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hedgehog, , 1 frog, and 1 ball python

Life is not complete without a "few" critters!

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:17 am

HermitCrabAddicted wrote:Very curious to see if they like the oysters, first time giving them some!
Mine always love live food.

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Loving some cuttle bone!

Tangerines
Red krill
Frekeh (however you spell it)
Bee pollen
Sea weed
Red bell pepper

Sorry can't see cause their piggie butts <3

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Topic author
Hollym2247

Post by Hollym2247 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Fresh apples
Dried river shrimp
Cooked shrimp tails
Eggshell with white cooked in it

Menders

Post by Menders » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:20 pm

This may be a dumb question, but do you leave food in your crabitats or do you feed at night and remove it in the morning and then feed again at night? I always see pictures of everyone's crabs swarming their food dishes on this thread. I put food in each day and leave it in there all day and night. I change it daily or every other day depending on what it is (some things spoil over night or mold and I put in fresh) but I always have a dishes of different foods in there at all times. I've been under the impression that my four crabs eat at different times of the day/ night so I thought I was supposed to keep food in there at all times. My guys never all run to their food. I offer all types of options but never really see them all come out and go to the food. I guess my question is how many of you have feeding times and how many have food available at all times in their crabitats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk