Worm Casting substitutes

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:27 pm

I don't think she does... but she should. :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:04 pm

She may have a nice selection.. But I'm all against using Ebay, and that evil paypal. To bad she didn't have a nice real webpage with CC options on it. :P

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm sure you can PM Nar and ask to pay with a money order...

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:30 pm

Nope no worm castings here :( I dont even know where to get them if I would sell them. I suppose an organic store here somewhere. Ill have to check into it during break.

I just want to comment on the packaging supplies....they do cost and then you have to take into consideration the time she spends bagging the stuff, the labels, the baggies, the time it takes to make it to a post office and such...I add all of that into the price of the food and also a bit of the shipping/handling also covers that as well. But it does add up fast. For example, if you were to order 5 baggies of food, it would take around 10 minutes to bag them and then another 5 minutes to write up the "reciept" and to make the envelope. Then I have to go to the post office up the street or on my way to school and use the 24/7 mailer station...so it takes about 20 minutes of time to send out 5 baggies of food. Some days I spend around an hour bagging and doing the envelops and then another 15 minutes at the post office. Anywho, my point is that it does take lots of time to get things together and going and to pay for supplies. :)

Ill check and see if I can find some worm castings here. ;)

On a side note...if you see something in the store that youd like to buy but dont want to use Ebay, please send me a pm and we can arrange payment as to what is best for you. :)
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:09 pm

I am very glad there are options for food that's hard for some of us to get, or that we are not good at concocting.

I know that Narnar you don't make anything on this really, and am aware you are doing it solely for us and our hermies, so thanks! I bet there are times you secretly wonder what you got yourself into, since so many could not stand to be without your crabbie goodies now. :wink:

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:33 pm

Yea there are days when I wonder lmbo! Its amazing it started off with 2 kinds of food back in January. ....and then there are days when I have to explain that I have an ebay store that sells hermit crab food to my coworkers/rad techs at the hospital...and I get anything from giggles and full on gut busting laughter to questions about hermit crabs. lol.

Good times tho! unless I have to dry broccoli or Shitake mushrooms (which I have found that I am allergic to when the mushrooms are drying :shock: ), those are definitely the worst when it comes to smells!

Anywho..sorry to hijack the thread 8)
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch