Red and Green Rooibos

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Kilimanjaro

Red and Green Rooibos

Post by Kilimanjaro » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Just a quick question regarding Red and Green Rooibos Tea. I have been browsing Mountain Rose Herbs after seeing it on Kathy's menu post, and I have decided to purchase a few items.

My question with the rooibos is: Is it okay to feed these leaves raw and what are the benefits of rooibos? Thanks for all answers!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:50 pm

I feed the red rooibos. :)

I am not certain about all the benefits, but I believe they are full of antioxidants. (Someone correct me if I am wrong here.) :oops:

I usually just throw a pinch into the dry food dish, or sprinkle rooibos on grape halves. You don't need tons of them. :)

Topic author
Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks, Kathy! I think I am going to buy both the green and red rooibos. :lol:

Ellinj0206

Post by Ellinj0206 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:22 pm

Red Rooibos is definitely chock full of positive antioxidants. While you're at it, make sure you have a chance to enjoy and take advantage of these beneficial teas!
Check out El's Shells: http://www.elsshells.com for all of your hermit crab food and shell needs!All-natural, certified organic food and an outstanding selection of shells and crabitat necessities---all at great prices!!

Ellinj0206

Post by Ellinj0206 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:22 pm

PS Kili---I have ordered from this site, and they are GREAT!
Check out El's Shells: http://www.elsshells.com for all of your hermit crab food and shell needs!All-natural, certified organic food and an outstanding selection of shells and crabitat necessities---all at great prices!!

Topic author
Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Thanks El for mentioning that! I can't wait to order a few things from there.

rooibos

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Rooibos is an ingredient in my product Pumpkin Spice and I flavor my cuttlebones with it as well. I did a lot of research on that particular ingredient. The green is dried before it has time to oxidize which makes a less attractive tea than the red rooibos. I think the green tastes much better (I drink it myself on a regular basis). Rooibos has one particular antioxidant that isn't found in any other food source, so adding it to your crabs diet is definitely a way to add a special element to their general variety.