Papaya leaves

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
crystal

Papaya leaves

Post by crystal » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:07 pm

I tore up a papaya leaf from the tree in our backyard today, and served it with freeze-dried mysis and krill. I hope they eat it. They enjoyed the fresh parsley and cilantro from the garden. Can they eat basil or catnip? I have a lot of that growing too.
6PPs, 10Es

megs
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by megs » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:37 pm

Catnip is a no, but basil is okay. I've given my crabs sweet basil & sometimes they really go after it and sometimes they ignore it completely.
"Nothing divides one so much as thought." - R. H. Blyth

"Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems. You get what you want, but it's not what you need..."

Topic author
crystal

Post by crystal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:02 pm

Thanks Megs. THey ignored the papaya leaves. I'll try the Basil
6PPs, 10Es

papaya leaves

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 pm

I once asked Julia_crab about papaya leaves. She said she wouldn't chance it, but then it is an ingredient in one of the products sold at the Addiction store, and Vicki has told me that there has never been a problem with the papaya leaves. You might try a second feeding in a few days just to be sure. Sometimes mine gorge on things they had ignored a few days earlier. Go figure! Tricky buggers!

Topic author
crystal

Post by crystal » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 pm

THey do it on purpose. They knew I was watching and waiting.
6PPs, 10Es