What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2009~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Peaches & honey :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Tonight it the Healthy herp Box turtle food. It is dried and has veggies flowers fruits grasshoppers and mealworms. It has no preservatives.
they also have their usual honey and cuttlebone

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:28 am

thegoalie222 wrote:Tonight it the Healthy herp Box turtle food. It is dried and has veggies flowers fruits grasshoppers and mealworms. It has no preservatives.
they also have their usual honey and cuttlebone

That is what my hermies got tonight too...but I added some rice too.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:44 am

I had some scrambled eggs this morning so I gave them some they really like them.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Tonight was
chicken breast
oats
cuttlebone
red leaf lettuce
raisins
dried shrimp
honey

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Boiled goat scrotum, moldy figs, and a dead betta fish. Party time! :D

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Luvvin - Thats so gross :hlol:

Last night: chicken & corn, topped with granola, sesame, flax, and clover seed, and pink roses. Topped with Coconut oil

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:14 am

I saw mountain oysters at my local farmer's market for $4/lb and decided to give them a try. I peeled them and prepared them like I do for liver (soaked in buttermilk for an hour or two, then floured and fried in oil) and ate them myself, accompanied by wild rice made with scrotum stock. The crabbies got the simmered scrotum when I was done with it. As soon as I put it in the tank, one of my big crabs snatched it out of the food dish and took off with it. It has since completely disappeared!

I find that they prefer produce that is past its prime, to say the least.

Whenever one of my aquarium fish passes away, into the crab tank it goes. My crabs love a freshly dead fish.

I think avocados and mangoes will be on the menu tonight.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Tonight's menu will be apple, carrot, coconut, the freeze-dried crickets I picked up at lunch and probably shrimp. Last night's was green summer squash, blueberries, freeze-dried brine shrimp soaked in saltwater (which proved popular, to say the least) and a separate dish of cuttlebone and honey.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Today's crabby dinner is:
Half a hard boiled egg
Crushed egg shell
Raw rice
Raw un-flavoured oatmeal
1 small tomato
1 piece of dried papaya
1 piece of dried pineapple
Half a piece of dried banana
1 grape
1 raisin
4 pieces of unsweetened cereal (Bran flakes and corn flakes)

2morrow is meat day!!!

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 pm

I felt kinda bad about neglecting the crabbies when I was sick, so I made them a nice tasty dinner:

Main Course:
Chicken - drizzled with Coconut oil
Broccoli
Sesame seeds
Flax seeds
Tomato
Carrot
All mixed together, sprinkled with some puffed millet. Spurlina and cuttlebone were also tossed in.

Desert:
Peanut butter
Pink roses
Sesame seeds
Flax Seeds
Clover Seeds
Crabotanicals Pond Scum
Crabotaniclals Vegetable Barley
Spiurlina
Cuttlebone
Hibiscus
Rolled Oats
Worm Castings
Some FMR Treat
All combined together in a ball, sprinkled with puffed millet. The Crabbies adore this! You can also make a version with honey substituting the peanut butter. You can basically through whatever you want in this mix!
Last edited by hermiefanatic on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Lol crabotanicals Pond scum :hlol: :hlol: :hlol:

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Don't ya love the name! :P The crabbies love it though - its a fave in my tank. Never tried broccoli with them before, hopefully they like it!

SebbyCrab

Post by SebbyCrab » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Flax seed, sunflower petals, brown rice, brine shrimp, rolled oats, and honey! :lol: Honey always gets those antenna twitching. With a side of worm castings.
PP's, E's, Straws, Violas

Pinto154

Post by Pinto154 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:46 pm

I checked the unsafe list and nutrients list before making this.

Carrot,lettuce,red bellpepper and olive oil. Ill wake them up to see if they want to try it.
Owner of 4 hermies Belue,Magic,Speedy,and Batman R.I.P Payton, Sayo, Rouge,Sweetie,Blueberry Chowder, Tiger,Ocean, Wolfie, Oceanand Teeny. 4 sucessful molt!!All from Prince