What's all this I've been hearing about Fruit Juice?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
quebert36

What's all this I've been hearing about Fruit Juice?

Post by quebert36 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Browsing through Forums, I've been reading a lot about people offering their crabs fruit juices and teas. I drink a lot of fruit juice myself, but have never offered it to my crabs. What kinds of juices? Organic, I guess? Info plz?
( )
( )( )
( )( )( )
( ^^ )
()() ll (=)()

-Kensie & Krabs

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:06 pm

I give my crabs organic hibiscus tea sweetened with honey as well as the occasional organic green tea. My crabs seem to enjoy them. :)
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

Mike120

Post by Mike120 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:09 pm

I'd be worried about them falling in. I've never given it to them, but how would you?

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:41 pm

I put it in a shallow dish and they just come to it and dip their little parts in it. I once saw my largest crab trying to sit totally in it. :lol: Silly little and big crabs.
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

thysmittenkitten

Post by thysmittenkitten » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:57 pm

I cracked up when I saw this thread because I was having a glass of juice earlier today and randomly thought... I wonder if the crabs can have juice! Thanks for the ideas :)
*~Maria Elena~*

i've been misunderstood for all of my life. *Neil Diamond*

Topic author
quebert36

Post by quebert36 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 pm

I feel like the apple juice in my fridge in my fridge might not be suitable. It's 100% juice, but not organic.
( )
( )( )
( )( )( )
( ^^ )
()() ll (=)()

-Kensie & Krabs