What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2011~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

SoulLonely

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by SoulLonely » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 pm

the fresh food I put in was

raw beef
tomato
pea
pineapple
celery
PP- Currie (boy), Turnip (boy), Maddie (boy), Pineapple (girl), Scaredy (boy), Tremble (girl), Bitty Bite (girl), Frisky (unknown), Chloe (male), Big&Beautiful (female), unnamed (male), 3 unnamed (unknown)
E-Donkey (male), Sprinte (unknown)

shamp10

Post by shamp10 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm

milled flax seed, soy, and oats, crushed dried baby shrimp, minced apple, and honey, all mixed onto a paste and mixed with some shaved cuttlebone

dawnpaw

Post by dawnpaw » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Never posted here before!
Ok here goes:
Tonight --> walnuts, applesauce (Fifi's favorite!) and a piece of fresh coconut. Also some dried baby shrimp (actually meant for fish food haha, another crab favorite.) No matter how much shrimp I put in there its always gone by the next day - they love it!
Fifi (pp) Shy (pp) Meri (pp) Chloe (pp) Frodo (e)
Madison, Fuzzy, and Kima (the ponies<3)
Lily (havanese dog)
Jack Bauer, Percival, Bodacious and Swimmy (bettas)

Crabbing since summer '09

zippity

Post by zippity » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:25 am

Live mealworms, coconut, popcorn, and prickly pear drizzled with a bit of honey. They loved the prickly pear!

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 pm

dried seaweed, shredded salmon, apple treat mix (finely diced apple, finely diced almonds plus rolled oats and honey all mixed up) dehydrated bell peppers and apples, fresh tomatoe and lettuce + a little cheese! :banana:
wow :laugh:: my crabbies meals are way more elaborate then mine.. i had mr noodles :hlol:
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 pm

pretty elaborate again, dandelion, rose petals and lettuce salad with peanut butter treat (peanut butter, rolled oats and honey all mized together) a shrimp for every crab, blackberries and honeydew :D (i love how most of this meal was stuff i picked off bushes or the ground on my way home from school :) )
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.

jmfx2

Post by jmfx2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:25 am

Do the crabs like pumpkin? I gave mine a mix of hermit crab goodies from the patch in one bowl, then always a shell of honey, and then lettuce, pepper, coconut, shrimp, apple. I need to try the applesauce. I tried baby food before and they were not impressed.
Mama to a beautiful daughter, a sweet son, 2 miserable dogs and 19 funny crabs!

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:01 pm

someone scooped all the insides of a pumpkin and served it to their crabs, she wrote about it and they seemed to really like it. only id reccommend you serve slices, since she served a small whole one lots didnt get eaten and it goes bad in about 48 hours

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:23 pm

We haven't carved our pumpkins yet but when we do I plan on baking the seeds and then on the one painted pumpkin we have I plan on cutting the meat into small squares and freezing them. Maybe even blend all the meat and stringy guts and then freezing it in my penguin ice cube (haha so cute) tray and then storing them in a freezer bag. I do that with my mango and sweet potatoe and they love it. Sometimes I'll even pour honey over the sweet potatoe so it's like thanksgiving with brown sugar!! I would like to think it's more interesting because it's in the shale of a penguin but that's mostly cause I treat my crabs like their my kids!! Yeah I'm a bit crazy but who isn't on this board!!!
Proud Mama to: 1 Human Son- Nevan
Furkids: 2 dogs- Arden, & Ella
Shell babies: 16 PPs, 5 Es, 2 Violas, 2 Indos, 3 Straws & 2 Blues

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 am

nothing wrong with being crazy :)
tonight: slizes of pumpkin w/ guts, pommegranate seeds, a smallish rose, baby shrimp, fresh coconut, dandelion greens and a goo with chopped walnuts, peanut butter, honey, cuttlebone shavings, oats and fish food!

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:39 pm

fresh pair and oak leaves with a crabby ommlette served in some eggshell! (omlette: egg, crushed eggshell, shrimp, cuttlebone powder, cheese, dandelion greens)

fate4003

Re: Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by fate4003 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:41 pm

RockyGurly wrote:fresh pair and oak leaves with a crabby ommlette served in some eggshell! (omlette: egg, crushed eggshell, shrimp, cuttlebone powder, cheese, dandelion greens)
Yummy! I think your crabs ate better than me tonight. Hahaha

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk
18 crabs! PP'S (sammy, ignats, puffeley, doofenshmirtz, phineas, ferb, perry and squirmy) E'S (herman, lady bug, zo) RUGGIES (meep, major monogram and carl) BLUES (beauford and baljeet) INDOS (candace and isabella)
5 fish, 3 cats and a human kid.

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:15 am

haha, i spoil my crabs (enough that they dont always eat my lovely meals >:( ) but they eat better then me to :p i had pizza ^^

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:37 pm

fresh pineapple, baby carrot, lettuce and turkey! all covered in some calcium mix i made :) (crushed oyster shells, sand dollars and cuttlebone)

eloise13

Post by eloise13 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:18 am

I gave to them yesterday, Carrot, Cuttlebone, Crickets, Egg, eggshell and watermelon. I decided to spoil them because I got a new guy.
I own 11 Aussies! my photography
Micro: Baby
Teenies: Friday, Jeffery, Molly, Nero, Louis
Smalls: Edward, Andromeda
Mediums: Beetle, Bug
Large: Big boy.