What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2013~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

gofroggy08

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by gofroggy08 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Corn, strawberries, almond, and peanut butter, honey is offered 24/7 at the moment.
Dog, Cat, Lepoard Geko, Mountain Dragon, 2 Rabbits, and 9 crabs. 6 PP: Lil' Bit, Olo, BatCrab, Fiesty, Widget, Lila 3 E's: Ghost, Darth (Maul), (Darth) Vader

fluffy

Post by fluffy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Mine are having pineapple, yam baby food, sardines (packed in water and no salt), and daves bread crust as a treat. It's completely organic and just all around good bread with no ingredients I can't pronounce. It was also gone when I checked on the tank an hour later :) Everyone seems to have peanut butter loving crabs but mine hate it. They scrap it off any food and wont' eat what ever it touches. :roll:

speeddemonbk

Post by speeddemonbk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:15 pm

I don't know how four crabs can clear a dish...I have 15 and the food is hardly messed with (except the crabs who think the shortest point from a to b is to march through the food dish :roll: ). The only thing that they ever steal from the food dish is dried bananas or honey coated food.

Tonight is cod, strawberries, apple, dead mealworms from my mealworm farm, and a piece of cabbage. My live mealworms are babies so way too small, and last time they hatched 2 into beetles in their shell shop...I give them food, they make it a pet... :roll:
12 Purple Pinchers
2 Ecuadorian Popcicles
5 Bettas
3 Fire Belly Toads
2 Dogs
Hermie Site: http://coloradocrabby.webs.com/

fluffy

Post by fluffy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Going away for the weekend and I over did it, dandelions, starfish, dreid strawberries and dried banana, freeze dried shrimp, strawberry leaf, rose leaf, almond, dried blueberry, dried pumpkin, and I think thats all. Oh and I only have one crab up who is not molting.....

Brenda

Post by Brenda » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:15 pm

My two that are up are pigs!! In the food dish off and on ALL day.

libraamy

Post by libraamy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm

my crabs are crazy about Monopterus albus

Cecil716

Post by Cecil716 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 am

I made a fancy meal tonight. 2 dishes, and a treat! First a rinsed some canned tuna off, mixed some diced apple and a little avocado together into a mush and then I made a avocado honey mix and wrapped that in some seaweed. I put 2 tsp of fresh crab treat (small pieces of popcorn dusted in powdered hibiscus flower and some rose petals). As well, made a few table spoons of moss (its so dry, I soaked it in fresh water for 30 minutes to soften it). Coral loves the moss. Shes always eating it after her meal.
Current hermits: About 17 PPs and 3 straws (for now)
A 180-ish gallon tank with two 36 gallon extenstions!
What can I say? I love crabs!

jusgus

Post by jusgus » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:09 am

Dried banana, homemade honey and oat peanut butter, and freeze dried bloodworms.
8 Purple Pinchers- Crush, Ally, Squishy, Huckleberry, Oscar, Nosey, Abi, and Nemo
11 Tarantulas
1 Leopard Gecko
1 Nile Monitor- Lucky

wyldaeval

Post by wyldaeval » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Bonjour! Welcome to 'L'ermite faim'! Please have a seat and the waiter will be with you shortly. :)

Would you care to hear about our specials tonight?
For appetizer, we feature "dirt of the worm" on a bed of sorghum.
Our main course is Poop of the Sheep, Breast of the Duck, Veggie medley with pecan topping.
As a vegan alternative, we have sunflower petals, sunflower seeds and fresh, organic blueberries.
And for dessert we have fresh popped corn with berry bits and honey crystals, surrounded by organic eggshell powder!

Bon Appetit! :D
Life is all about how you handle "plan B".
First introduced to hermit crabs while stationed on Guam back in the 70's.

Bman006

Post by Bman006 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:57 pm

No salt tuna sardine, honey mashed carrots, organic Brussel sprouts, grapes, fresh orange, mealworms all sprinkled with cuttlefish bone.... It's so pretty I wanted to get a little for and eat it myself!

Avery

Post by Avery » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 pm

wyldaeval wrote:Bonjour! Welcome to 'L'ermite faim'! Please have a seat and the waiter will be with you shortly. :)

Would you care to hear about our specials tonight?
For appetizer, we feature "dirt of the worm" on a bed of sorghum.
Our main course is Poop of the Sheep, Breast of the Duck, Veggie medley with pecan topping.
As a vegan alternative, we have sunflower petals, sunflower seeds and fresh, organic blueberries.
And for dessert we have fresh popped corn with berry bits and honey crystals, surrounded by organic eggshell powder!

Bon Appetit! :D

:hlol: :hlol: :hlol: :hlol: :hlol: :hlol: :hlol:

"Dirt of the Worm" !!!! LOL :hlol: "Poop of the Sheep" again I'm in tears Im laughing so hard! :hlol: VERY CLEVER!!!! :hlol:
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (Oscar Wilde)
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

Cassafrass1999

Post by Cassafrass1999 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Tonight's special is:

Blueberries
Zoomed Hermit Crab Fruit Salad Treat (it's nothing but dehydrated mangoes, apples, and cranberries!) :D
HBH Hermit Crab Cookies (as a treat). :)
Flukers Turtle Medley Cricket and mealworm.

Right now my crab Kremer is chowing down on all of this deliciousness! :crabbigsmile:
I am a proud owner of five hermies named Leopard (PP), Ribbon (PP), Kremer (PP), Queenie (PP), and Sunny (E). I have been crabbing since 6/16/11, and have been loving and learning so much about them ever since! My family and I also own a husky, a cat, and a bunch of freshwater fish.

Leeko

Post by Leeko » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 am

Before I went to work today I decided to clean out the remains of a fresh fruit/veggie medley that had been picked apart over the course of three or four days. I replaced it with some bloodworms, sprinkled some mineral supplement and worm castings on from HCP sample packs I've received, and then decided on a whim as I was almost out the door... let's try honey. Accidentally, I more or less submerged all the food already in the bowl in the sticky amber goo. Oh well, better to give it a try anyway rather than waste food. Almost immediately, my medium PP meanders over to the food dish and goes to town. I get back from work four hours later and he hasn't moved! I guess honey does the trick.

HermitMickey00

Post by HermitMickey00 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Tonight's menu, my crabs are being spoiled!!!
Earth worm castings
Pieces of fruit salad
I'm going to the melting pot tonight! There's a crab lover there who gives me a HUGE tupperware container of shrimp, chicken, bread, and all the fruits, veggies, and meats she can get her hands on that aren't seasoned. My crabs will be given a portion of that.
Moose poop
Shrimp Exo

They'll be eatin good tonight :D
Proud owner of:
Two GORGEOUS PP's- Speedy and Spotty
Two OUTSTANDING E's- Panda and Mickey Mouse

jusgus

Post by jusgus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Strawberries both fruit and greens, honey and freeze dried bloodworms
8 Purple Pinchers- Crush, Ally, Squishy, Huckleberry, Oscar, Nosey, Abi, and Nemo
11 Tarantulas
1 Leopard Gecko
1 Nile Monitor- Lucky