What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2014~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

mom23

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by mom23 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Watermelon, carrot, brazil nuts, flax seeds, quinoa, granola, dried red shrimp, sorghum sticks, pink rose petals, and crushed egg shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:29 pm

Carrots, green peas, corn, brine shrimp, coconut, drizzled with honey sprinkled with spirulina, crushed cuttle bone and walnuts

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:54 pm

Oysters, scallops, mussels with Wolf's blue berries, kale, bee pollen, and Wode's calcium circle.

Mrs803

how does this sound?

Post by Mrs803 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:04 pm

I really want to start giving my hermit crabs more fresh things so how does this sound?

-uncooked salmon
-uncooked squid
-corn
-peas from a can
-organic tomato
---that would be their fresh food for today with the added staple kibble and worm poop and one other thing from the hermit crab patch i can't remember

Please let me know if this is ok or not thank you
I own two purple pincher crabs :) 1 Girl and 1 Boy

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Brussels sprouts, mandarin oranges, shredded carrots, rolled oats, dried crickets, and eggshell.

HandyHermits

Post by HandyHermits » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:11 am

Applesause mixed with calci-powger and topped with chia seeds
frozen egg whie with kale and oats
eggshell
4 pps Speedy(F),Houdini(M),,Switcher(M), and Harry Potter(M) (R.I.P Sheldon and S.J)

"Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"

MrSoulSong

Post by MrSoulSong » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:51 am

Cooked Lamb with Red Sea Salt, Egg shell with Cuttlefish bone powder, semi-cooked Carrot, Apple chunks drizzled with Honey.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 am

Scrambled egg with mushroom & spirulina, soy & peanuts, granola, hemp seed, dried veggies, and fruit, Wode's sorghum sticks and marigolds, Wolfe's chickweed, and HCP calcium along with crushed eggshells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Fresh apple and orange fruit topped with brine shrimp, Wode's heart cookie and kale

Priya

Post by Priya » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:04 am

Mangoes
Papaya
Shredded coconut
my homemade dried fruits, nuts & flower mix
4 Purple Pinchers: Kraken, Lilith, Gilgamesh, Marilith
1 Straw: Tiamat
55g tank with about 10" playsand & EE substrate, fw bubbler pool, sw pool. Densely "planted" with cholla, cork barks and upper levels.

HandyHermits

Post by HandyHermits » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:01 pm

roday they are having mashed turtle treats, twomorrow they are having worm castings, nuts, celery, and eggs with a honey drizzle
4 pps Speedy(F),Houdini(M),,Switcher(M), and Harry Potter(M) (R.I.P Sheldon and S.J)

"Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"

Topic author
jason00

Post by jason00 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Tonights menu has sliced apple with the outer skin removed, sliced tomato also with the outer skin removed, dried blood worms, dried shrimp, hermit crab variety bites, worm castings and crabby delights "wild things mix" from the Crab Patch. Eat up guys!! :wink:

fraksocks

Post by fraksocks » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Mrs803 wrote:I really want to start giving my hermit crabs more fresh things so how does this sound?

-uncooked salmon
-uncooked squid
-corn
-peas from a can
-organic tomato
---that would be their fresh food for today with the added staple kibble and worm poop and one other thing from the hermit crab patch i can't remember

Please let me know if this is ok or not thank you
I would skip the canned peas. Canned goods tend to have a lot of sodium in them and we aren't sure about the safety of salt for human use for hermit crabs. Instead maybe try frozen peas or even dehydrated peas (these are available at my local natural foods store).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:51 pm

I soak or even boil canned food like beans beans and mushrooms to get the sodium out. Canned food is in abundance at my house so it's super convenient.
But look for low sodium and make sure whatever you buy is canned in water. Organic food stores or trader joes have good canned stuff.

Amazilia

Post by Amazilia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Rose petals and leaves, Chickweed, Avocado, Coconut, bee pollen, Red raspberry leaves, Mealworms and Birch wood. Birch wood and Bee pollen from AK Hermit.
20 Purple Pinchers in a 200g,10 Ecuadorians in a 40g,1 Salmon Pink Tarantula: Susie
2 Inca dogs: Rufus(Red&white hairless) & Lilac(White half-hairless), 1 Cinnamon Ferret: Smooch
2 Button Quails: Ruth & Dove, 6 Lovebirds,3 Chickens: Jade, Yin & Lace