Free crab food...or not.

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
lmw142

Free crab food...or not.

Post by lmw142 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:34 am

The last couple days I spent a ton of time harvesting and drying crab safe foods from my mom's yard. I was so excited to have an awesome source of free crabby goodies! Then I realized that her one acre yard is completely surrounded by farm fields and all this stuff is probably contaminated by pesticides :(

courtbri

Re: Free crab food...or not.

Post by courtbri » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:26 am

Good that you were observant though and could catch it. Is it a big farm where there's spraying for sure?

Crabbing for 2 years-still obsessed! 6 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:57 am

Your post made me realize the same thing about the stuff at my MILs. The bags of leaves I collected last year are getting throw out today. :(
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
lmw142

Post by lmw142 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:07 pm

Yeah, they're growing corn for livestock feed. I didn't think about it at first, but then I remembered my mom telling me that she hates when they spray because she has to close all the windows or it gets in her house :shock: