What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2010~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Ground Peanuts and Almonds mixed with grape juice! :D
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

scyllarus

Post by scyllarus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 am

korean pear paring
cherry tomato
pompano (fish) guts powdered with spirulina and HCP mineral supplement.

Derange

Post by Derange » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Mom's making zucchini bread tonight, so the hermies are getting freshly shredded zucchini. Hope they like it better than they did my scrambled eggs. :lol:
6 PP's (Slenderman, Gummo, Jeebus, Queen Gohma, Alonzo Cushing, Tatl)
3 E's (Bix, Tarsus, Vecna)
1 Crested Gecko (Tambora)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 am

Gave Hurby some Honey Nut Cheerio's last night. That's the most he has ate since I got him.

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Tonight's dinner is:
  • avocado slice
  • grapefruit slice
  • shiitake mushroom slices
  • VitaFoods: Vitamin B
  • Kilimanjaro's Kibbles: Staple Diet
  • pinkie mouse
Mmmmm! :hlol:

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Whoo-boy! Pinkie looks...really...really....:covereyes:

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:00 am

Another AMAZING night with the pinkie mouse! :hlol: This time, I got to see them in action with it. :glasses2:

First, my Indo, Indi, was taking a few bites out of it. I was watching him and he seemed like he was genuinely enjoying it. :lol: Then, one of my other Indos, a larger one named Aria, came over and tried to take it off Indi!

Indi quickly scurried away and I thought he had left the pinkie mouse... but what do I see in his claw? The pinkie mouse! He is running away from Aria with the mouse in hand! :hlol:

He hid under a resin log for a while, and Aria followed him... I'm not sure what went on under here. :lol: A few minutes later, he emerged on the other side with the pinkie mouse! :D Then, a few minutes later, he was sharing it with one of my Es, Santino. They're both the same size, so it was nice to see them sharing such a small animal. 8)

And now, I have no idea where that mouse is! I love giving them pinkie mice now! :D

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:37 pm

I've never seen a post with such copious use of the word pinkie... :shock:

:hlol:

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Tonight is crabby fruit salad sprinkled with VitaFoods: Supreme Health:

In the fruit salad we have some avocado, blueberry, raspberry, watermelon, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, mango, and a surprise of delicious Kili's Bakery: Crabby Jello (hibiscus). :D

Yummmmm! :D

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:19 am

Veggie Omelet with Heirloom Tomato and a side of Kilimanjaros kibbles - post molt!! :D :D
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:46 am

Home-grown Goat Horn (hot) peppers and Yellow Grape cherry tomatoes. The also got some raw Tilapia that I set aside from dinner. The tomatoes and the peppers are a huge hit. For the first time the Es dragged away something (the tomato) to eat!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Lee56

Post by Lee56 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 am

Kili, how big is the dish that you're using?

The night before last they had a smorgasbord of vegetables in one dish, fruit in another and proteins in another dish. All except the fruit dish showed signs of interest.

Last night they had cooked chicken and almond butter (like peanut butter).

The night before last, I saw hermies come out early to eat. Last night I didn't see anyone, but it appeared at least one dish had visitors.

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:15 pm

The dish is about the size of my hand laid out flat. :wink: Next time I take a food picture I'll put a quarter next to it for size comparison. :)

TheCrabbyTabby

Post by TheCrabbyTabby » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Today I made a gelatin snack with bits of bran and shrimp in it. I garnished the dish with some fresh parsley from the garden.
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die! Opt to Adopt!!
I know an awful lot about hamsters, betta fish and many other animals so don't hesitate to ask me if you have an animal related question!!!

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:22 pm

Last night the crabs had some fresh fruit and avocado, along with bloodworms for protein. I also gave them three pieces of a chicken bone, which they really enjoyed! :D

I managed to find two pieces of the chicken bone (very ravaged and clear of marrow) and I'm still looking for the third... :confused: :lol: