What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2006~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:29 pm

Dandelions. lilac blooms and leaves, dried Krill and a veggie mix. With a side of salt and ground cuttle bone.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:01 pm

My first try and making them food.

mash banana with dried krill
scabbled egg with a little bit of eggshell, tomato, and Hikari Bio-pure krill.

Just let it cooled and put in the tank. I guess we will see what they think...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:51 pm

PEA SOUP! well the crabby version, I put some lentils and split green peas in a dish of declor water to soften and for a side dish they have a 1/2 sprig of millet :) I might sprinkle a little salt, the crab safe type, over the peas :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:48 pm

Dandlelion
eggs (old, have to take 'em out tomorra)
zoo meds fruit salad
coconut treat

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 12, 2006 3:30 am

Tonight I made popcorn from plain kernels, popped in coconut oil! What a treat! Too bad they're all under :x
lol! :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 12, 2006 6:15 pm

ALMONDS, BROCOLLI & WATERMELON...CORN FLAKES :P

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun May 14, 2006 8:51 am

chunk of salmon, parsley, chopped almond, honey, fresh cheese with herbs

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun May 14, 2006 8:59 am

OMG I can't believe how much popcorn they ate! Seriously, I had a big oyster shell full of it and 2 crabs (or maybe just 1) devoured ALL the popcorn - in the morning there were only hard brown popcorn husks left in the dish!

I have never seen them eat such a large volume of food! What a hit!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun May 14, 2006 10:36 am

The safe food mixed fruit thing, carrots, bloodworms, and cuttlebone. A really cool thing is that you can use a shell to scrape the cuttlebone over the food like a cheese grater. Nothing else needed. :D

Topic author
DaddyShell

Post by DaddyShell » Fri May 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Tonight our babies had a two course meal!

Course 1 - fresh pineapple, strawberry, grape, honeydew melon, and cantelope...sprinkled with dried and shredded coconut and mixed dried fruit...and then sprinkled with crushed cuttlebone and sand dollar.

Course 2 - angel hair pasta with dried baby shrimp and bloodworms. Seasoned with cuttlebone and sand dollar.

NUMS!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 26, 2006 9:11 pm

My crabs got a real treat tonight since it's Friday and all. No need for the humans to be the only ones celebrating the end of the week!

Organic lettuce and spinach
Cooked rice
Freeze dried krill
A grape
Crushed unsalted peanuts
Shredded carrots
All sprinkled with powdered cuttlebone and eggshells.

They are some happy crabbies!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 26, 2006 9:47 pm

Tonight I gave mine some baker's apple (canned 100% apple pieces) sprinkled with my own freshly made kibble:

(Kibble recipe: 5 kinds of nuts [almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, green pistachios, & peanuts], spirulina, hibiscus flowers, flaxseed, irish moss, bee-pollen, jasmine flowers, some coco-oil-popped popcorn, psyllium seeds, dried barley-grass, bloodworms and tubifex worms)

and I also fried 1/4 of a prawn-tail with some exo in coconut oil to bring out the smell, and they got that in another dish! :)
I also sliced up a green grape for them on another dish, and some organic fresh pumpkin drizzled with honey in another. They LOVED the grape and prawn, and I think someone's been at the apple (hard to tell - they eat so little!). The pumpkin was also eaten.
My crabs have been less active lately, probably due to a temperature drop (winter in Aust.), so haven't eaten a lot :(

But I had heaps of fun giving them these great treats!

nora

Post by nora » Fri May 26, 2006 10:29 pm

Todays menu: walnuts,almond, fresh coconut chunks,blue malva blossoms,apple blossoms,Hikari Daphnia, cuttlebone,banana,and sardines in olive oil with a touch of honey. New baby sanddollars I collected last week.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat May 27, 2006 6:57 am

Last Night:

Coran, Almonds, Carrots, Egg Shells
mixed with the other suff they have the other day (some fruit and stuff, i don't remember exactly what it was)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun May 28, 2006 2:01 am

Today i didnt go all out (tired as you know what). I just took out some fresh carrots and copped them up good. I got 80$, maybe ill go buy some fruits this tommarrow. Would canned fruit salad work? we got a can in the pantry but i wasnt sure if itll work.