What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2006~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:50 pm

Watermelon today. i have to use de-chlorinated water that is too de-chlorinated until I go to a store soon.

EDIT: i just gave them some milk.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:28 pm

Dry Bowl: Narnars Fruit and Flower

Hermit Crab Greek Salad... Chopped up yellow, orange and green bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoe. (I add for myself Kalamata olives, feta cheese, onions and dressing)

and for desert... a Blueberry.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:30 am

I decided I miss this thread...it is too fun to let it get buried!!! Come on crablet owners, lets get some ideas flowing!

Tonight Chez Crabbe is offering a dinner special of Narnar's blue green and bugs and nuts kibbles mixed together. Our dessert is a crabby pudding made of peach, pear and apple blueberry baby foods with narnar's fruit and flower mixed into it and coconut sprinkled on top. No tip is required, our chef gets pleasure simply knowing that you are eating here. You are eating aren't you? Crabs? Aren't you??? Please eat.....or the chef will cry....

(I have to hide blue green kibble in staple or bugs and nuts, or they do not eat it. I trick them...hahahaha.)

Topic author
MomToDixie

Post by MomToDixie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:45 am

Tonight was:

Honey covered banana chips
Bugs -N- Nuts
Staple Kibble
Eat Your Veggies
Spirulina Cuttle bone treat
Crabby Trail Mix

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:53 am

sweet potatoes and corn baby food mixed with honey, dried plankton, and cuttlebone

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:29 am

Nars Staple and Fruit and Flower

I want to feed fresh too but the darn Fruit Flies...... :angry7:

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:06 am

Oh I hate fruit flies...I had an adopted tank with them in it. I had to do complete substrate changes once a week (I used EE).

My gals had:
Oysters
Fresh coconut (I played cavewoman tonight and bashed the coconut open on the concrete steps outside :lol: worked fabulously!)
Coconut Brown Rice (I cooked the brown rice in the coconut water)

..Apparently my adoptees enjoyed as the oysters and the coconut chunks were all over the tank this morning lol!
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:03 am

Gardner's mix and brine shrimp eggs...yum

annopia

Post by annopia » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:16 pm

yesterday: coconut rice, a recipe that i found on epicurean hermit (I actually think it might be narnar's, though i'm not sure!) that I tweaked a bit. rice, crushed dried rose petal, chopped pecans, and crushed dried oak leaves sauted (sp?) in a mixture of coconut milk and normal milk. this was topped with salmon and fresh chopped coconut. plus some of Narnar's blue/green kibble, which Turtle definatly enjoyed.

today: mangrove meal (from hermit crab addiction), steak, strawberry, blackberry, english walnut, and a dried day lilly.

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:25 pm

Prawn slices (exo on) lightly fried in coconut oil to bring out the smell, frozen water chestnut, carrot and bok-choy (chinese cabbage), and some cooked egg.

Also made this great kibble: frozen mango chunks, peanuts, irish moss, jasmine flowers, flaxseeds, honey and cuttlebone all blended together. Mine really seem to respond to the smell of mango - Legs was on it within minutes!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:56 pm

Tonight was:

In the 'Fresh' dish

Lettuce
Carrots
Blueberries
Flax seed

In the regular food dish

Hermit crab food
Honey
Egg shell

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:48 am

Tonight my crabbies are getting Narnars Eat Your Veggies (first time I have rehydrated it, so I hope they actually eat it!) mixed with blue green kibble. They also have some crushed peaches drizzled with honey.

JeffCrab

Post by JeffCrab » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:53 am

Last night my crabs go a cherry tomatoe, peanut butter, romaine lettuce, carrots, some plum, sprinkled with some algea powder.

They sure loved the cherry tomatoe.
JeffCrab

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:59 am

Nars staple & fruit n flower

Apple peel (my little E loved this)
dried cranberry
raisin

Topic author

First Food Post

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:15 pm

This is my first post about hermie food.

This is a pic of what they are having for dinner tonite. It's Frozen (and thawing) silversides (Ewwwwwwww!!!), banana, carrot, and honey. A long with some extras.

I hope they like the silversides because this is by far one of the grossest things I've given them so far.