What kinds of foods would you like to see...

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

foods

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:00 am

If I was going to create a line of hermit crab food I would have these:
Superfoods/Staples (all the best nutrition spirulina, blackstrap molasses, hempseed, mangrove, raspberry leaves, etc.)
Health tonic (chamomile, oak leaves, and healing herbs design it for sick crabs)
Color Boost (caretene rich foods)
Favorites (all the favorites like shrimp, walnut, coconut, maple, honey, apple, etc.)
Variety (everything but the kitchen sink)
Activity Boost
Molter's formula (calcium rich, etc)
Appetite stimulator (smelly foods) I think this should take the form of a moist paste sold in a baby jar.

food on ebay

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:06 am

ummm...just making sure that im looking at the right kind, you sell the bags of food that say hermit crab addiction on them right?

Topic author
NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:14 pm

nope thats not me. Im "The Happy Hermit Crab" :) Vicki at hermitcrabaddiction sells those that you are refrencing to.

I dont have the same variety they have...but I also go to school 40 hours a week and have homework and such. ANywho! I have a good, but small, variety..things like a staple, a carotene/zeaxanthin (for color and molting), veggie, one with flowers/grains and such,...some other fun stuff that is still nutritional...and then I have a new seaweed one, pre and post molt that will be up shortly, and a veggie millet one that has veggies, millet and krill...and then a sick crab kibble/powder that can be mixed with honey and oil to form a paste (this will also be out soon)

Thanks Jedi, I really appreciate your list of ideas! If you (or anyone else) know anywhere that sells jars for cheap and if that is something I have a lot of takers on I would be willing to do that!
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:31 pm

oh okay. ill take a look at your hermie food: )

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:29 pm

I’ve bought from the addiction before. I like that the prices are really cheap and I can get single items. Since hermit crabs won't eat the same thing every day the single packets are the best way to go. $20 got me stuff to last for months.

BAB

Post by BAB » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:48 am

NarNar!!

I've been trying your muffins in the tank and they have been sooooo easy! I'm so glad that I have something quick to put in the tank without much or any preparation. VERY handy!!

They REALLY liked the Pumpkin Apple muffin. :D
**Crabbing since July 2005*~*100+ successful molts**
I have a total of 2 PP's

Note:My information on crab care is NOT the only way to do things. Please research your topics.

Topic author
NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:05 am

Hey BAB! Im so happy they are liking the muffins! *yeay*
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch