What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2014~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

mom23

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by mom23 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:42 pm

I did an entire Wode meal today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

maymay

Post by maymay » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:03 pm

I've been away skiing for a couple of days so the crabs have been eating solely dry mixes. Today I made them a really nice fresh meal of black berry, acorn squash with seeds, papaya, and mixed mushrooms all sprinkled with some honeydew cuttle bone treat. They also got a dish of fresh protein which has shrimp, salmon and talapia :D

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 am

Tilapia, papaya puree, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, dried sea lettuce, dried greens, dried huckleberries, moose poop, and bee pollen.

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:24 am

Tilapia, papaya puree, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, dried sea lettuce, dried greens, dried huckleberries, moose poop, and bee pollen.

ETA: Collins already plowed through the dried greens, eating some and knocking them all over. I can't see any of the bee pollen I put in the dry dish, one huckleberry is gone too, and he's clearly picked at the moose poop. Currently he's sitting munching on what looks like a bit of chicken that he must have stashed somewhere. :lol: Hope he saves some for the others. :lol:

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:39 am

If I put a piece of shrimp in the exotic tank or the pp tank they go crazy. I have tried salmon and tilapia both a couple of times and it does not look touched. They will devour sardines and tuna and not touch the fresh stuff. How is everyone serving fish?

It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:07 am

mom23 wrote:If I put a piece of shrimp in the exotic tank or the pp tank they go crazy. I have tried salmon and tilapia both a couple of times and it does not look touched. They will devour sardines and tuna and not touch the fresh stuff. How is everyone serving fish?

I usually put a small, raw piece in. There's always a lot to be removed but I assume they pick at it because it'll usually be dirty or moved around the next day. Mine do seem to like sardines better then tilapia or salmon. I want to try silversides, I've heard other crabbers say they love them. Shrimp they seem to mostly like the tails or dried for me. I've never offered tuna.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 am

They have a tuna that the only ingredients are tuna & extra virgin olive oil and I use that and the sardines Wode said were ok to use. I'm sure they are nibbling the tilapia and salmon, I just expected it to be like the shrimp that they drag all over the place and someone is always munching on it. Lol. I want to try sliversides too. We've probably read the same posts. I'm not sure where to get it. I also want to try crab.

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:27 am

mom23 wrote:They have a tuna that the only ingredients are tuna & extra virgin olive oil and I use that and the sardines Wode said were ok to use. I'm sure they are nibbling the tilapia and salmon, I just expected it to be like the shrimp that they drag all over the place and someone is always munching on it. Lol. I want to try sliversides too. We've probably read the same posts. I'm not sure where to get it. I also want to try crab.

I just have kind of overlooked tuna. :lol: Silversides are in the freezer at petstores with frozen fish foods and pinkies.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:28 am

Good to know. I'll check at Petsmart next time I go. What's a pinkie?

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:35 am

Pinkie mice. Sometimes there'll be larger mice too but I mostly see pinkies.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Yeah...I wouldn't be good at feeding live critters to another critter. Although my brain knows it's nature being nature my heart is way too soft. Lol.

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Orange, carrot, cucumber, watermelon, mushroom, dried mealworms, dried greens, sprinkled with calcium plus powder.

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:27 pm

I did 2 dishes. The first one had apple, microwaved steak, mealworms Wode's coconut corn and honey banana chips drizzled with honey and sprinkled with spirulina and cuttle bone.

Second one had carrots, brine shrimp, river shrimp, beets, drizzled in honey and topped off with Wode's fruit and pollen and heart cookie.

Amazilia

Post by Amazilia » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Apple slice covered in mango puree and honey with some more mango puree on the side and sprinkled with shredded coconut and almond pieces.
20 Purple Pinchers in a 200g,10 Ecuadorians in a 40g,1 Salmon Pink Tarantula: Susie
2 Inca dogs: Rufus(Red&white hairless) & Lilac(White half-hairless), 1 Cinnamon Ferret: Smooch
2 Button Quails: Ruth & Dove, 6 Lovebirds,3 Chickens: Jade, Yin & Lace

MrSoulSong

Post by MrSoulSong » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:53 am

Poached egg with crushed eggshell rolled in Cuttlefish bone powder and a little Red Sea Salt, with a side of papaya dipped in honey.