By Request ~~ Kathy's "Colorful" Crab Menu

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:19 am

hermiefanatic wrote:thanks for the menu! anyway, i have a question for you: i thought i read in someones post here that feeding coconut added a blue color to ur crabs?
I remember reading something along those lines, too. I don't know if it is fact or not. Both my kibbles contain organic dried coconut, plus the Fruit & Fiber contains coconut oil. I've not noticed anyone turning blue, though, other than the violas, and a few of the ruggies. Adult violas are usually a blue or purple-blue anyhow. So are some rugs.

My PPs are getting much darker with shades of dark brown & reds, but no blues. And I have noticed that the Indos are looking more shades of purple than they used to be. (Most were brownish.)

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks for the reply! :) i have noticed all my pp's are turning really purple, though i am not sure whats causing it.

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:29 pm

kathy- while browsing NarNar's website, i found this: " Is a great source of fatty acids that aid in successful molting. Coconut is also a great source of potassium, which also aids in successful molting. Its has also been found that coconut crabs that eat lots of coconut have a blue tinted exo" thats whats on her site, so i am not sure if this helps or not though!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:10 pm

This is a big help on all the fresh stuff i wasn't sure one what fresh was good for hermies or not.

Oh and i didn't realize how many other teens where on here. I knew there were a few. Lol i thought there were way more active adults :D
gothic_swimmer_1990 wrote:yes your a meany! when i was younger people (mainly guys) said i looked/talked older and now here u are saying i'm younger!!! meany
Lol that's the same with me right now(most of my friends are older than me.... that probably explains it ^_^)

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Momma, your going to leave me HERE??? :shock: :(
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:57 pm

I won't leave you, Tetra. But you must get permission first [smilie=lecturef.gif]

:D

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Ok... they said I can go! :D So, when can I be expecting you now?
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Topic author

may a silly question....but

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:42 pm

I have seen that a lot of you feed your crabs spirulina. What is it and where can i get it.