What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2008~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

ElinaGrace

Post by ElinaGrace » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Today's menu...

Cucumber slices topped with a honey/cuttle bone paste, with a side of fresh tomatoes.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:13 pm

Tonight:
Crushed Almonds
Carrots
Sprouts
Blueberries
*Special* All Organic Coconut bar with Finely chopped coconut and Rice syrup. I found this at my local health foods store and was delighted that they could have it. They will really love this!
:D

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:22 pm

fruit egg!
Skinned, pulped yellow plumb (fresh, local foodland ontario yay!)
Honey.
It looks like a raw egg if you don't mix it. Yellow plum center with clear honey outside.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Oatmeal Bars

Grind up shreddies (shreddies are optional)
Add oatmeal to shreddies if you used them
Add honey
Make into a rectangle
Cover in plastic wrap.
Freeze over night to harden
Thaw in refrigerator
Cut pieces up and serve.

MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Food for tonight:

Fresh Crickets from the PETCO. 8)

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:25 pm

Tonight's:

Smelt, cherry, coconut, green leaf lettuce, purslane, tomato, peanut butter, and carrot. :D

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:11 am

Tonight:

Purslane, mango, freeze-dried bloodworms, freeze-dried krill, wheat germ, brine shirmp, shrimp exoskeleton, and maple bark.

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Tonight:

Fresh bluegill, nori seaweed, assorted dried and powdered leaves (including romaine, green leaf, kale, radish, celery, mulberry, and more), dried blueberry, fresh romaine lettuce, lentils, powdered dandelion greens, powdered dandelion root, fresh mango, and a petunia flower.

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:27 pm

Tonight:

Sliced mango, starfruit, powdered maple bark, sliced cherry, powdered cuttlebone, dried and crushed daylily, dried and crushed clover blossom, dried and crushed petunia flower, fillet mignon, peanut butter, and Crabotanicals Pond Scum.

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Today:

(no picture :()

Fruit Salad: mango, papaya, kiwi, starfruit, and cherry topped off with maple bark, wheat germ, and powdered cuttlebone!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:32 am

This was my first time "cooking" for my crabs, if you can even call it that, so here it goes!

Sautéed minced carrots in EVO, mixed with Organic Gerber baby food.

Sounds simple but it took me about 10/15 minutes to make! O_o

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Yesterday's Dish (sorry for the delay :():

Shrimp, papaya, cooked lentils, honeysuckle, peach, maple bark, and Crabotanicals Tea Trio and Essential Cuttle Cuttlebone.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:34 pm

i have been working on a daily staple diet and then supplementing with harvestables and dried and fresh fruit/veggies

tonight's menu:

current staple: organic fruit and nut granola, ground down into managable pieces and mixed with shaved cuttlebone and organic wheat germ, freeze dried shrimpies, dried, cut up bits of papaya and mango and a dollop of honey....

supplementals: bits of dried sea grass, collected on the riverside (we live on the inlet to the Chesapeake Bay) and soaked in salt water to rehydrate, shredded hibiscus petal/stamen, cut up cherry leaf, cut up bits of fresh coconut soaked in coconut milk and a tiny clam fished out of the shallows of the river, steamed in salt water and cut into bits....

am i hitting all the right notes on crabby nutrition with this sort of menu?...inquiring minds want to know....

MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Kilimanjaro wrote:Yesterday's Dish (sorry for the delay :():

Shrimp, papaya, cooked lentils, honeysuckle, peach, maple bark, and Crabotanicals Tea Trio and Essential Cuttle Cuttlebone.
Looks better than what I've been eating myself.... :oops: :D

ceeeeg wrote:am i hitting all the right notes on crabby nutrition with this sort of menu?...inquiring minds want to know....
Sounds great. The clam is a nice touch, btw. 8)

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:18 pm

Haven't posted in a while...
Today it's simple: Yesterday's watermelon preserved in pineapple juice.