What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2010~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Derange

Post by Derange » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:51 pm

A scrambled egg cooked in extra virgin olive oil, with a little bit of eggshell, mineral supplement, and HCP's Surf 'n Turf mixed in. Quite curious to see how it will be received.
6 PP's (Slenderman, Gummo, Jeebus, Queen Gohma, Alonzo Cushing, Tatl)
3 E's (Bix, Tarsus, Vecna)
1 Crested Gecko (Tambora)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Tonight is favorite night! ^^ I just noticed I had all there favorites in the garden/fridge. Haha....creative right? :hlol:

Meemo: Rose Petals
Koopa: Basil
Simba: Strawberries
Nikki: Egg Shell
Pearl: Carrots

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Tonight they're having:

-Crabby Jello
-Blueberries with a carrot purée sauce on top
-Fresh cantaloupe
-Fresh watermelon
-VitaFoods: Protein
-everything dusted with pure calcium carbonate to make it good for the exoskeleton :D

Xyloart

Post by Xyloart » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Among other things... SMELLY SARDINE!!! [smilie=sick.gif]
This is the first time I'm trying it out on them and I'm kind of hoping they don't like it. :P
Current critters: Cat, Corn Snake, Plated Lizard, two Bettas, 12 PPs, 10 Es, 6 Ruggies, 2 blueberries, 3 strawberries, 2 foster guinea pigs

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:16 pm

My crabs will be eating egg shell and oatmeal for the next 10 days so I decided to make them a feast.

I have diced tomato with the seeds mixed in (they love the seeds haha) salted celery sticks, sliced carrots, egg shells, chopped up celery leaves and grilled pork. :D Hopefully they can get there fill of different foods before they go into the same old same old egg shell and oats. :hlol: Poor crabs. Thats like having pizza for 10 days straight for breakfast lunch and dinner. [smilie=sick.gif] And I hate pizza. :roll:

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am

No pic for tonight, but the crabs are having:

-Pinkie Mouse (as suggested by HermitCrazy :D)
-Kilimanjaro's Kibbles: Caribbean Cabana
-Kilimanjaro's Kibbles: Chef's Trash
-Organic Peanut Butter
-Crabby Jello

:D

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Fresh Mango Sprinkled With Kilimanjaro's Kibbles Dry Vitafoods: Protein! :D
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

scyllarus

Post by scyllarus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:39 pm

mine get a fresh fig with HCP's mineral supplement and mysis shrimp.

for some reason they turn their antennae up at regular shrimp, but mysis shrimp? it's a favorite. i sat around and watched my guys meticulously pick every shrimp off the food...i swear i'm going to have to start soaking them in vitamins or something.

Disgruntled Crab

Post by Disgruntled Crab » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:30 am

Pinkie Mouse
:shock: For real?

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:32 am

psi wrote: :shock: For real?
Yeah! :hlol: Surprisingly, they LOVED it... as in, there was no trace of it this morning... I even looked in all of their favorite hiding spots! :lol:

I would definitely recommend it. :) It gives them a natural source of protein, and it's something that would well-replicate what they may find in the wild.

Thanks so much HermitCrazy for referring this one to me! I love trying new stuff with my herms. :P

Tonight, they're having a lazy meal. :wink: Simply a slice of watermelon, organic blue corn tortilla chips, and VitaFoods: Supreme Health. :D

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:31 pm

A mix of Kilimanjaro's Kibbles Sick food mixed with powdered peanuts and almonds mixed with apple cider vinegar! Yummy! [smilie=sick.gif] :pukeright:
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:39 pm

^:hlol:

Tonight they're having coconut, simply. :)

Topic author
Lee56

Post by Lee56 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Mine are having coconut tonight too. I cracked open a new coconut today and now they have little coco huts to munch on too.

Also, they are having broccoli and free-dried krill, with pineapple on the side.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:59 pm

Kilimanjaro wrote: Yeah! :hlol: Surprisingly, they LOVED it... as in, there was no trace of it this morning... I even looked in all of their favorite hiding spots! :lol:

I would definitely recommend it. :) It gives them a natural source of protein, and it's something that would well-replicate what they may find in the wild.

Thanks so much HermitCrazy for referring this one to me! I love trying new stuff with my herms. :P

Tonight, they're having a lazy meal. :wink: Simply a slice of watermelon, organic blue corn tortilla chips, and VitaFoods: Supreme Health. :D
Your welcome!

Pinkie mice are a treat my hermit crabs can't resist! I urge other crabbers to try them since my hermit crab love them so much :D

It is great to know your crabs also entirely consumed the pinkie as well :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Tonight they are having a meal from local nature:
-Dandelion greens
-Clover
-Raspberry
-Raw walleye