Lettuce or red grapes?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Luckythecrab

Lettuce or red grapes?

Post by Luckythecrab » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:03 pm

So I was planning to feed my crab some lettuce tonight, and before i did, I looked at the list of good food. To my surprise, Lettuce wasn't there! Is it still safe for him to eat? Also, I was going to add some red grapes, and the list only said "Grapes", and I don't know which type would be safe (I know i'm overreacting a bit here)

ViiT

Re: Lettuce or red grapes?

Post by ViiT » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:14 pm

All grapes are okay, just try to avoid grapes that have been exposed to pesticides, if possible.

Lettuce is safe, however it isn't on the list simply because it's not a popular food, since it's 96% water.
40GB/6 PPs: Heisenberg (M), Hobbles (M), Schrödinger (F), Tesla (F), Icarus (?), 1 Un-named Micro
5G Isopod Tank: 3 Successful Reproductions

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 pm

As ViiT said, lettuce isn't one of the more popular foods, especially the iceberg variety. If you have Boston/Bibb or Romaine lettuce, the crabs may be interested as the texture is denser and the lettuce more flavorful. Re grapes, my crabs enjoy all of the varieties: black, green and red.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:17 pm

My crew enjoy the "Spring Mix" salad greens a lot. Fresh or dried.
(not my pic)
Ingredients: Organic Baby Lettuces (Tango, Lollo Rosa, Red and Green Oak, Red and Green Romaine, Red Leaf, Green Leaf), Organic Baby Greens (Tatsoi, Mizuna, Red and Green Chard, Red and Green Mustard, Frisee, Arugula), Organic Radicchio. Ingredients May Vary By Season.

Kitten

Post by Kitten » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:20 am

My crabbies like baby spinach

kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 am

CallaLily wrote:My crew enjoy the "Spring Mix" salad greens a lot. Fresh or dried.
(not my pic)
Ingredients: Organic Baby Lettuces (Tango, Lollo Rosa, Red and Green Oak, Red and Green Romaine, Red Leaf, Green Leaf), Organic Baby Greens (Tatsoi, Mizuna, Red and Green Chard, Red and Green Mustard, Frisee, Arugula), Organic Radicchio. Ingredients May Vary By Season.
Your crabs and my mom have something in common Image

Mommy of 10 PP babies:
Poseidon (Sid), Toby, Matty, Junior, Aries, Kaylee, Turbo, Adrian, Pepper and Flower. RIP Octavius & Fred
-