Best dried food (commercial food)

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

Best dried food (commercial food)

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi i was wondering if anyone could reccomend brandsd of commercial foods and how/where i could get them. Thanks! :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile:
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog

Crabinski

Re: Best dried food (commercial food)

Post by Crabinski » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Check out the link below for safe commercial foods usually found in pet shops:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=92555

Wardley's Hermit Crab Food is 100% dried shrimp and is always a hit with my guys -- found at Walmart for less than $3. The Flukers Aquatic Turtle Medley (freeze-dried meal worms, crickets and shrimp) is what I use as the main ingredient in my homemade base mix -- found at Petco/PetSmart for around $7.

Many crabbers order foods from the Hermit Crab Patch, DeliciouslyCrabby (etsy), HugsForHermits (ebay) and Alaska Hermit Crab. I've ordered from the two latter vendors (both run by HCA members :) ) and my crabs have loved their products.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

Re: Best dried food (commercial food)

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Ok thanks!
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog