Dinner time!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
MsWorld

Dinner time!

Post by MsWorld » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:08 am

Just a quick question… does anyone else have any crabs that poop in their food dish???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kermie16

Re: Dinner time!

Post by Kermie16 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Nom nom nom!! Yep! Ours do - it's like a kind of thank you gift ! :lol:

Topic author
MsWorld

Post by MsWorld » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Kermie16 wrote:Nom nom nom!! Yep! Ours do - it's like a kind of thank you gift ! :lol:
Ha ha! I just looked in my picture and on the bridge is a huge piece of poo!

Do you throw out all the food once they poo in it? I do throw it out. It grosses me out. Lol

Also do your crabs sit in the food dish? I'm guessing thats normal?

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:13 pm

Yep! All normal behavior :D Dried foods I leave in the tat for 2 days then throw it out. Fresh foods I clean out every morning to prevent mold and mites. Only poop you would need to clean out is the ones you see. I use a plastic spoon to do that. Honestly, my vision is not that great and a lot of the poop and sub look the same to me unless it isn't on the sub :shock: Either way even their poop is all organic and I believe gets broken down in the sub too. So really just need to spot clean what you see :)

Topic author
MsWorld

Post by MsWorld » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Kermie16 wrote:Yep! All normal behavior :D Dried foods I leave in the tat for 2 days then throw it out. Fresh foods I clean out every morning to prevent mold and mites. Only poop you would need to clean out is the ones you see. I use a plastic spoon to do that. Honestly, my vision is not that great and a lot of the poop and sub look the same to me unless it isn't on the sub :shock: Either way even their poop is all organic and I believe gets broken down in the sub too. So really just need to spot clean what you see :)
How funny! I can't see it either unless it's not in the substrate! I planted chia seeds and use their poop to fertilize them. I planted them Saturday and they are about an inch tall tonight well what's left of them that is! Thanks for your advice and help. It's greatly appreciated. Image

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 am

Sure!! And your hermies are adorable having dinner together :cloud9:

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Kermie16 wrote:Nom nom nom!! Yep! Ours do - it's like a kind of thank you gift ! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Crabbing for 4 years-still obsessed! 5 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.