Rabbit poo

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
courtbri

Rabbit poo

Post by courtbri » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:00 pm

I've read that there are certain "poo" that is safe for our crustacean kids to eat and recently mine went crazy for rabbit poo. Is this safe for them? My bunny eats very healthy food.

Crabbing for 4 years-still obsessed! 5 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

jclee

Re: Rabbit poo

Post by jclee » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:12 pm

Mine eat my guinea pigs' poop. Really, I suspect they'll eat any kind, and that like any other food item, you should remove what's uneaten before it gets gross (well... grosser).
You can see my critters here:
https://www.instagram.com/profjcscritters/

Topic author
courtbri

Post by courtbri » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Lol that's funny.

Crabbing for 4 years-still obsessed! 5 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

StayLoki

Post by StayLoki » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:26 am

waiiiit whaaaa?
seriously?
i've had my bunny for 5+ years (healthy, no parasites) and I'll be honest, I'm always looking for new ways to recycle/uses for his poop, but food for my hermies?!?!!

I'm always curious about new/safe foods I can offer my hermys in order to give them a varied, nutritious diet.. . and your saying as long as my rabbit is happy, healthy, and parasite free, I could offer a turd or two every now n then?! lololol
::my spirit animal is the hermit crab::

4 PPs. Turbo, Dorito, Domino & Pluto

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:24 pm

StayLoki wrote:waiiiit whaaaa?
seriously?
i've had my bunny for 5+ years (healthy, no parasites) and I'll be honest, I'm always looking for new ways to recycle/uses for his poop, but food for my hermies?!?!!

I'm always curious about new/safe foods I can offer my hermys in order to give them a varied, nutritious diet.. . and your saying as long as my rabbit is happy, healthy, and parasite free, I could offer a turd or two every now n then?! lololol
Even better, you can ship the extra to other hermie owners!
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

thatcrabaddict

Post by thatcrabaddict » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:07 am

oooh can I feed my hermit crabs hamster poop? (he is very healthy )
My name is haven !
I have 2 purple Pinchers
1 is Albus Dumbledore
1 is Hula
Help stop hermit crab abuse !

Jedi Sena

Post by Jedi Sena » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Sounds like a great thing to offer. Something they'd find in the wild. If the rabbits eat a lot of alfalfa, then I bet there are some really good nutrients left over in the poo with the addition of good bacteria from the gut. (That's why it makes such great fertilizer too.)
__ ` , ` , ` , ` , jedi sena
(__)_ ` , ` , ` , ` crabby since 2007
(____)_ ` , ` , ` , ` http://crabotanicals.etsy.com
(______) ` , ` , ` , ` owner of Crabotanicals all-natural hermit crab food
...//( 00 )\.........................................................................

Potatoes!

Post by Potatoes! » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:44 am

This is probably a little bit off topic but...

When I learned that hermit crabs could eat poop, the next day I automatically asked one of my really close friends (she has a guinea pig) for some poop. Being the very weird people we are, she didn't question it. In fact, I actually think she was really excited to give me some of that poop since she didn't want to waste it. She did end up giving me some, and my hermit crabs really liked it, but her mom was kinda paranoid about why there was this person at school asking for her guinea pig poop, and I think the people at school were looking at me weird...ah, well.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:53 am

Potatoes! wrote:This is probably a little bit off topic but...

When I learned that hermit crabs could eat poop, the next day I automatically asked one of my really close friends (she has a guinea pig) for some poop. Being the very weird people we are, she didn't question it. In fact, I actually think she was really excited to give me some of that poop since she didn't want to waste it. She did end up giving me some, and my hermit crabs really liked it, but her mom was kinda paranoid about why there was this person at school asking for her guinea pig poop, and I think the people at school were looking at me weird...ah, well.
LOL.

This is why i buy moose poop over the internet.

EOD-Crab

Post by EOD-Crab » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Rabbits also eat there own cud, though in a other than typical method. Food is eaten quickly and passes through their digestive system quickly and comes out as a pellet. This partially digested food is very nutritious as it has most nutrients still in it and easier to digest when re-eaten.

Droppings of this nature are probably best but as scavengers the crabs will likely eat most dropping of animals.

mool

Post by mool » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Copied from the safe food list above.

Feces (any animal feces wild or domestic that has a healthy (and preferably whole foods) diet and is not on any medication now or in the near past)^

javi

Post by javi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:32 pm

I have been wondering about trying some of my horse poo for them.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

javi wrote:I have been wondering about trying some of my horse poo for them.
You probably won't like the taste.

But as for the crabs - Are the horses on any medication or feed supplements?

javi

Post by javi » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Haha. No they are on no supplements or meds. They are very healthy