Honey

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Honey

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:38 pm

I went to the health food store expecting to easily find raw honey. But what I find is different types of honey. Tupelo honey? Local honey? Does it matter? I bought the local honey but I don't know if I'll give it to them till I get replies here. I can return it if it's not opened.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

soilentgringa

Re: Honey

Post by soilentgringa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Cherylco55 wrote:I went to the health food store expecting to easily find raw honey. But what I find is different types of honey. Tupelo honey? Local honey? Does it matter? I bought the local honey but I don't know if I'll give it to them till I get replies here. I can return it if it's not opened.
My Walmart and Kroger both carry local raw honey so maybe check there as well.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Check the lable for 'unpasteurized', or possibly 'unfiltered'.
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Local honey is likely to Be unpasteurized or unfiltered, so if it’s organic, you should be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com