What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2009~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

What’s on today’s menu & recipe sharing 9/08-2/09

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:19 pm

You guys come up with good ideas and recipes...

Tonight I just prepared some cantaloupe mixed with mango drizzled with honey and cuttle bone.
Hope Big Mama eats it...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:42 pm

I have thrown out all the commercial food,and have found a recipe my crabs love (well,it's the 1st mix of my own anyway,but they like it)

Applebutter with crushed pecans,mixed with a little peanut butter and honey.

The bowl isn't big enough for all 3 at once.They were pushing at each other to get to it,so I think I am going to need an extra food bowl or 2.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:28 pm

The 10gal tat where everyone is underground has oats and raisins drizzled with honey. It even looks good to me haha.

The exo tat with active crabs has oats, raisins, honey and a scrambled egg mix that has leftover egg yolks from a different recipe with egg shells, grated carrots, and oats all scrambled up. Oh, and some clementine. They seem to like it all.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:19 pm

My crabs love deer & pees, & for desert some honey& tangerine. (:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Mine have trail mix (unsalted nuts, raisins, sunflower seeds) surf-n-turf from the Crabbagepatch (dried mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, plankton, krill, bloodworms, and mealworms), some cooked pinto beans (they love these). They also have their usual dish of worm castings, and calcium. They also have an egg shell that I threw in the tank, they ate half of it already! :P

megs
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by megs » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am

Today's brunch is a colorful conglomeration brought to us by the letter C... chicken, celery leaves, carrots and cherries topped with clover honey and calcium powder.
"Nothing divides one so much as thought." - R. H. Blyth

"Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems. You get what you want, but it's not what you need..."

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:32 pm

my crabs are fond of peas, carrots, apples, & Peanut Butttttah'

TheCrabbyTabby

Post by TheCrabbyTabby » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:25 pm

I found some sun dried shrimp at Petco. My crabs go nuts over that stuff. I also threw in some pieces of raw coconut and they went nuts over that too.
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die! Opt to Adopt!!
I know an awful lot about hamsters, betta fish and many other animals so don't hesitate to ask me if you have an animal related question!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:46 am

My crabs have been going crazy over nuts lately so tonight I'm going to try some banana rolled in honey, oats, and crushed almonds.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:46 am

soldieroffortune1974 wrote: Applebutter with crushed pecans,mixed with a little peanut butter and honey.
You mean Apple Butter minus all the sugar, cinnamon, and other spices (allspice, cloves, salt)? Right? :|

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:00 pm

megs wrote:Today's brunch is a colorful conglomeration brought to us by the letter C... chicken, celery leaves, carrots and cherries topped with clover honey and calcium powder.
Hah! Mine is brought to us by the letter C, too! I got Coconut, topped with Blaze88's Hermit Crab Kibble....

...oh, wait... :shock: :? :oops:

megs
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by megs » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:16 pm

-Joel- wrote:...oh, wait... :shock: :? :oops:
but it is Colorado Crab Kibble so it still works.
:hail: All hail my amazing powers of justification once again...[smilie=thanku.gif]
"Nothing divides one so much as thought." - R. H. Blyth

"Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems. You get what you want, but it's not what you need..."

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:55 pm

AH! :hail:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:35 am

Last night:
Cherries and walnuts. Sounds very simple (it is) but they LOVE it!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:00 am

Sweet Meat

small piece of steak grilled
Raisins
Coco nut
honey drizzled on top