Cinnamon Scent in container

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
DragonsFly

Cinnamon Scent in container

Post by DragonsFly » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:03 pm

I'd like to use an empty glass container that used to have organic cinnamon (spice) in it to store some dried food for the crabs. However, I have washed it and the lid many many MANY times, and even let it soak full of soapy water for several days before washing again, and it still has a scent of cinnamon. Cinnamon is not on either the "safe" or the "unsafe and unpopular" list (unless I missed it somewhere), so I don't know whether it is bad for them or whether it might just be a scent they won't like.

So if I put my dried leaves-and-blooms sub mix in this container and they end up smelling somewhat of cinnamon, would the crabs then tend to avoid the leaves and blooms? In other words, would that end up wasting them? I just prefer to keep things in glass rather than plastic bags, if possible, but don't really want to buy little glass containers just to keep the crab dried foods in; would like to just use empties from other things. What do you think?
--{}: Dragons Fly Farm --{}:
Resident PP's:"Major Tom" & "Billie Jean"

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cinnamon Scent in container

Post by JoeHermits » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:31 pm

I’d say the cinnamon scent isn’t a concern based on current data: viewtopic.php?t=101204

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
DragonsFly

Re: Cinnamon Scent in container

Post by DragonsFly » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:26 pm

Thanks! I had not seen that post. :)
--{}: Dragons Fly Farm --{}:
Resident PP's:"Major Tom" & "Billie Jean"

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.”
― G.K. Chesterton