Yeast?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Cakes

Yeast?

Post by Cakes » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 am

Hi, just wondering if it's OK to feed my crabs dry yeast?

Serendipity

Re: Yeast?

Post by Serendipity » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:02 am

In my personal opinion, I believe it is okay to give them dry yeast. It will give them some vitamin B.
My three purple pinchers: Coconut- Male, medium. Mango- Female, medium. Blueberry- Female, small.

I'm not lazy- I'm just highly motivated to do nothing. ;)

FJrocks003

Post by FJrocks003 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Cakes wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 am
Hi, just wondering if it's OK to feed my crabs dry yeast?
I don't think that it would harm them, but it wouldn't really do much for their diet. It does have vitamin b but it would be a lot easier to just stick with veggies, protein (some meats, bugs, nuts, ect.), and a calcium source. Yeast won't replace anything on that list and won't really help in anyway. It's kinda like if you just ate a mouthful of flour each day alongside a healthy diet, not gonna kill you but really no reason to.
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)

Topic author
Cakes

Post by Cakes » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:22 am

FJrocks003 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:17 pm
I don't think that it would harm them, but it wouldn't really do much for their diet. It does have vitamin b but it would be a lot easier to just stick with veggies, protein (some meats, bugs, nuts, ect.), and a calcium source. Yeast won't replace anything on that list and won't really help in anyway. It's kinda like if you just ate a mouthful of flour each day alongside a healthy diet, not gonna kill you but really no reason to.
Thanks for the in-depth reply :)