Carolina Reaper

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
AwesomeHermit

Carolina Reaper

Post by AwesomeHermit » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:29 am

Can hermit crabs have Carolina reapers?
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Serendipity

Re: Carolina Reaper

Post by Serendipity » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:19 pm

I would not feed them that personally because it is one of the spiciest peppers and I don’t think a hermit crab would like the spiciness if even most humans don’t like it. I would be worried about the hermit crabs hurting themselves from eating it.
My three purple pinchers: Coconut- Male, medium. Mango- Female, medium. Blueberry- Female, small.

I'm not lazy- I'm just highly motivated to do nothing. ;)

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:06 pm

They can have other chili peppers since capsaicin doesn’t seem to bother them but that’s in smaller amounts of the compound. I personally would use caution with reapers and only offer small amounts at first to make sure they’re not irritated by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:10 pm

There is a decent chance of them dragging it around the tank and/or walking through it, so be cautious of touching anything bare handed afterwards!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram