Brine Shrimp eggs are a hit!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

Brine Shrimp eggs are a hit!

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:23 am

They love the eggs. Especially after i got them a little wet. As far as the actuall shrimp, i dunno. Still trying to hatch, but I think my eggs are too old to hatch. I saw one 1/2 hatched under my 'scope, but other than that... all eggs. We'll see.

My crabs are picky and I've never seen them eat but i saw 3 diffrent crabs on the bowl last night. My little E, george, couldn't get enough!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:00 pm

So did you put the eggs in the crabs' saltwater dish? or on a separate food dish, dampened with water? I wanna try this too!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:15 pm

I have them but never tried wetting them... did you just wet them with salt water?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:21 am

Yes, I put them in the food dish and I have a spray bottle and i sprayed them a little with the salt water. I think that the shells are kinda hard, so if you boil the eggs first it makes them softer and you can still hatch them after doing that, they will just hatch faster. But the hermies might like them better softer..

Good luck =D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:48 am

Hummm turns out I have dried brine shrimp. Where did you get the eggs?? I put the dried brine shrimp in a food plate and added a little salt water but no excitement on the crabs part...maybe later. I also added peanut butter with oatmeal, carrot and a walnut in another dish and still no excitement...maybe tonight when I am a sleep everyone will be in the food dishes :?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:57 am

I have small died shrimp and I don't know if mine like them I could only stand them for a day because they smell SO BAD. With the tank right next to my bed I couldn't handel the shrimp. Hmm I'm not sure where I got the eggs, but my bet would be you can get them at any pet store, they might be advertised as sea monkeys.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:08 pm

Ahhh sea monkeys I remember those, thanks.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:09 pm

most pet shops that specialize in fish will have them listed as brine shrimp eggs in with their fish foods...