Crabs First Time: Papaya

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Kilimanjaro

Crabs First Time: Papaya

Post by Kilimanjaro » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:01 pm

I'm trying papaya with my crabs for the first time tonight! I am planning on freezing a large portion of the papaya for later use.

I've heard how many crabs love this stuff so I thought I'd give it a try. I will tell you how it goes tomorrow morning!

EDIT: After learning more about papayas, I found out that it isn't perfectly ripe yet. I'm going to wait a few days with the fruit in a brown paper bag and then serve it. :)

:D

annopia

Post by annopia » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:24 pm

ah yes...leave it sitting out until it is truly disgusting...thats when the feasting occurs!

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

crabcrew

Post by crabcrew » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:01 pm

annopia wrote:ah yes...leave it sitting out until it is truly disgusting...thats when the feasting occurs!

Caroline
hee hee, I found this out with coconut and strawberries. They love it yucky!

Topic author
Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 pm

I gave the crabs the first piece of papaya tonight! I already saw Pompeii munching on it.

Personally, I don't care for the fruit. :dunno:

Topic author
Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:47 am

Alright, I have to say... papaya is a crabby favorite! Pompeii has been devouring it ever since I've put it in the food dish... she won't go to any other foods! :lol:

Hermie Lover

Post by Hermie Lover » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Mine go nuts over papaya! I pick the ones at Walmart that are almost mushy feeling, and they are extremely ripe. Personally, I tried one, and think it tastes nasty!

But they love it, and will munch on each piece, down to the hull!
Angela

Crabitats: 55L, 40B, 29L

Crabbin' since 97!
They are draining my savings!