Almonds/Peanuts

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Almonds/Peanuts

Post by SuperFanjaya » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:18 pm

We have a bag of almonds, they arent in their shelll...do you think i can crush them and give them to the crabzz? Also, i have a jar of peanuts, not in the shell either and was wondering if i can give them those too. Neither of them are organic...
"All living things tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life."- Buddha.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:52 pm

As long as they are not salted yes you can give it to them! Mine love almonds..

Lady WolfStorm
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Lady WolfStorm » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:33 pm

On that topic, what about it being roasted or not? I think you can have roasted unsalted peanuts... I wonder what the crabs prefer... hm..
Proud mother to 4 PPs: Boss Hogg, Dollar, and No-Name (PPs, 4+ Years)
Tommy 8/30/10
RIP Mr. E, March 11, 2011-July 14, 2012 (E); Fizban 8/21/10 - 2012; Sandy, Chip and Dale (2007-2012) (PPs)

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Post by SuperFanjaya » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:58 pm

The peanuts are roasted lol.
"All living things tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life."- Buddha.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:34 pm

I have been wondering this myself, we have pistachios which are in the shell, when i say we have them we have a huge bag of them. Not salted but i wasn't sure if some nuts are bad for the little guys or not seeing as there normally very rich in certain things.

I'm guessing just as long as there not salted to heck like most nuts are they will be fine as I know you can give almonds and walnuts.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:50 pm

As long as the almonds are not salted you should be fine. My crabs love them! I just tried a new recipe last night, and they now adore me for it: crushed almonds, apple juice, and honey. They will also eat green beans if I mix almonds in.

glacier44

Post by glacier44 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:51 pm

As I type this, Lightning is dragging off a piece of raw, sliced almond. It's always been a fav in my tank :) That and Pecans (raw and crushed up a little)
An Alaskan Crabber!
Furry Paws- Best dog sim game ever!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/18

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:22 pm

I give mine cashews and they end up being drug all over the tank, mine love little nuts and stuff. not exactly my favorite for when I clean the tank though.