Hikari Bio-Pure

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Unknown10101

Hikari Bio-Pure

Post by Unknown10101 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey guys, I read on the Crab Care FAQs that one of the safe commercial foods were Hikari Bio-Pure. I was looking it up, and they only thing it came up with were things for fish. Is this what the FAQ was talking about?
5 PPs

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Yes, that's the right stuff. The bio-pure are the freeze-dried or frozen proteins - krill, bloodworms, daphnia, brine shrimp, etc. I really like the quality of the Hikari products, but they are the most expensive out there. Omega One is another company that makes both fish foods and dried proteins, they cost a bit less and the quality seems to be very close.

Hikari bloodworms are a huge hit with my crabbies, as are the Omega One brine shrimp, krill, and plankton. :) All of the above can be found in the fish section. I buy freeze-dried because it's easier, but the frozen Hikari will be in the freezer at the pet shop if they have one.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram