Got my straws!

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Vic Future

Re: Got my straws!

Post by Vic Future » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:31 am

Wow! I give you crabbers with the 50gal+ multi tanks the nod. I get tired turning over the sub in my 10gal Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:34 am

KayedeeLove<3 wrote:I swore myself off from upgrading. I promised that this tank was the last one! This is my fourth tank Image

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
All of your crabbies are going to grow over the years ;) You are going to need a bigger tank when they do, or multiple tanks ;) They are so beautiful! That's sad that you think they caught them when you ordered them. Did they not have them in the store?
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:50 am

He had a empty tank that said strawberries. It was the most humane tank I've seen so far (even 6 in of sub). He let me look through it said he had two in there earlier this week. He had fresh food in there and there were crab tracks etc. So i assume they dug to molt/destress. So he said he'd just order them from his supplier. I've still got my 55 and the awkward (but i loved it) 40 gal marine land.

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:06 am

I know it's kinda absurd to suspect they just do catch em off the beach when i go in a store and request for them. However if you look at the first couple pics on this thread, the shells look ancient and my pp took so much longer to recover and they're known as the hardy ones.

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Straws are a specially thing, you can charge more for them, they come from farther... probably they were shipped less haphazardly than the bulk of PPs.
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Seems that way! Only one had taken the time to destress... The first four months of having my pp's i saw no movement! It was like 5 days for them before they started exploring. Not even that because they gorged the second day.

Topic author
KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:51 pm

Finally got them a deeper dish! So excited to see them in it.
This is the old dish... (If you notice how far the cholla is sticking out)
This is the new one about an inch and a half more depth and much bigger around.
Sorry for the blurry pics my biggest was trying to climb my arm.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Cool! I bet they will love that! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com