What should I name my newbies?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What should I name my newbies?

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:14 pm

HeyItsEggs wrote:I am afraid I have some bad news. I might just stop being friends with her,
So I returned today after being sick for 2 days. I met my friend and she said "You're not going to believe this!" I, thinking nothing of it said "what?" She then said WITH A LAUGH, "My hermit crabs died!" I guess she left them for ten days with NO FOOD and NO WATER! She doesn't have a good set up at all already and now she leaves them with NOTHING?! She is so mean and I can't believe she LAUGHED! Even my dad said, "What if her cat died? Would she be laughing then? They are the same as any animal and shouldn't be laughed at when they die". I am so angry Image! I can't believe a person would be dumb enough to not think to leave them with at least food and water?! Like how obvious is that?! You should think they would definitely need food. I am just enraged
Hmm...I would just check to make sure - ASAP!!!!!! Please keep us updated. I've heard stories of how people got cages with shells and months later found out there was a live hermit crab. You never know....

I definitely could not be friends with someone like that -
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
HeyItsEggs

Post by HeyItsEggs » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:16 pm

She never gave them to me, she found them above the surface, both stinky and dead
Sophia aka "Eggs"
Four PPs, Rio, Rolo, Curlz and Malibu in a 40 gallon
May they rest in peace- Mango- 1/13/17 and Stefanio- 1/10/17

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 pm

That's what I'm saying- try to see for yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Hermias_mom

Post by Hermias_mom » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:35 pm

So very sorry to hear that :(. That is really really awful!!! Sending you hugs. They may never have lived in your tank, but you loved those hermies. :'(

4PPs and tons of FUN in a 29 gallon!
Hermia(F), Helena(F), Branch(M), and Tiger (M)
RIP Athena

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 pm

I know you were really looking forward to having them, and I'm very sorry to hear this news- but I hope you get the chance to confirm!

Topic author
HeyItsEggs

Post by HeyItsEggs » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:32 am

Thank you all, I am very very sad. The fact that someone would laugh about that?! And its preeeeety obvious that a living thing needs to be left with food and water for ten days straight. A stupid person would know that! Sorry for the ranting but it is just so sad and scary what people do to their animals especially ones like hermit crabs that are underestimated when it comes to the labor they need in their care! It needs to be changed.
Sophia aka "Eggs"
Four PPs, Rio, Rolo, Curlz and Malibu in a 40 gallon
May they rest in peace- Mango- 1/13/17 and Stefanio- 1/10/17

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:45 pm

I understand the ranting. I'm sorry you are hurting. It is a sad situation.